SouthSideSlider

Ok guy figured I would try and get some opinions on sleeveing vs posting+blockguard while I wait on darton to return my email.

Ok I know posting even with a blockguard will never replace sleeving but would it be enough for the following setop?

B20b block
Gsr head
Gsr crank
Gsr h-beam rods
B20b pistons
Eaton m90 supercharger (7psi)
Water to air intercooler
Hondata s300

Please excuse my spelling I'm typing on a droid 1. Lol
I would like to note I did search(may have been to sesific for this sites search function though) and only fround flame threads about sleeving vs just posting or sleeving vs just blockguard.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
the "Eaton m90 supercharger" looks like it goes on a big motor (i.e. not a honda) but:

I was going to do a supercharge build and if anything was only going to put in a block guard. there are plenty of people that run boost on b20's at low psi without issued of the walls collapsing. from what I understand its when you start getting into high numbers is when stuff starts getting rough.

I think you'd be perfectly fine with just a block guard in there

SouthSideSlider

Correct the eaton m90 was orriginaly designed for a 3.8 to a 4.6. It uses the same flang as the m62 in the jrsc kit and I have heard of people using the m90 as an upgrade for thejrsc kit as it flows more cfm then the m62 at the same psi. The main reason for using the m90 is I have had one collecting dust in my garage for several years.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ thats pretty cool. didnt know that. lol

turboda4dr

450whp
if block guard is done correct it helps. i have block guard making 500+ with no problems at all.

hidenplanvew

i have seen 500 on a bone stock motor but had larger injectors... You dont need a block guard they tend to disform the the sleeves. I didnt know your block guard could make 500+HP thats pretty cool hahahaha... If you want some real power why not just get la sleeves (they make dart sleeves I think), its like 800 to get it sleeved and I have seen them hold 1300 whp on an F20c in a pro FWD car. I would sleeve over block guard thats old school tech and is very out dated

turboda4dr

450whp
sleeving is the best way to go. i wish i had of sleeved my block,but at the time i didnt think it was necessery for the power i wanted and was out of my budget. none the less i dont regret doing block guard,i have some new parts for this summer hoping making close to 600 on this engine. TUNING is key