B20 pcv and idle problems

negru213

Alright first off im going to start with the pcv valve. The pcv valve was connected to the intake manifold but what i found out was that at the bottom of the manifold there was a hose that is connected to the black box behind the stock engine for the 90 integra i actually have a b20z2 in the integra and the b20 does not have a black box the pcv for the b20 goes on the valve cover whick my engine does not have is there a way to redo the pcv or am i gonna have to drill holes? Or is there a kit to install the pcv for this swap? The other problem is that after i cleaned the intake manifold (took it out of the car) i connected everything back the right way now the car doesnt idle but it stays at 2500 rpm what could possibly be the problem ? I also cleaned the iac and fitv ? Fuel injectors are good and clean? The throttle i had to slightly adjust the circlr plate in it was getting stuck everytime i let the gas go fast so i adjusted the screw like a year ago that way it landed to the spot before the throttle got stuck it also has an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? the other problem is that the check engine goes on when the car is on after 5 seconds the car drives good could it be that the timing is off? Also for vacuum lines is it better to have shorter ones? i need help on this badly

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dlo253

You realize that question marks are only meant to follow a question, don't you? We can't help with shit if you give us details that you aren't even sure of...

negru213

Alright there is no pcv hooked up is there a custom/special way to hook one up. Also what could be wrong for the rpm to be stuck at 2500?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The most likely cause of your high idle rpm is a vacuum leak. If the PCV hose on the intake manifold was left open and unplugged then there is your huge leak.

Regarding the PCV there is nothing special about it. I believe the B20 has the crank case vent on the valve cover. There should be a one way check valve inline with the hose to the intake manifold.

negru213

Alright i actually had the pcv plug on the manifold capped off no air going through it , i dont have the b20 valve cover on it. Would it be better to just get the b20 valve cover on it that way the pcv isn a problem

Muckman

Not a M0derator
OK then you have a vac leak else where OR your throttle plate is stuck slightly open. Make sure the throttle cable is not too tight.

The lack of PCV isnt the problem with the high idle. But if you want to add PCV then youll need either a vent in either the block or the valve over, or both.

negru213

Alright im going to have to look for a vac leak the throttle cable is loose and i did mess with the plate the screw that adjusts it since it got stuck many times i slightly moved it

Muckman

Not a M0derator
That could be it. With your hand turn the throttle plate to force it closed. Does the idle rpm come down?

negru213

I pushed it back but didnt do anything and what i actually just did was get new vac hoses and replace all of them and that was the actual problem i didnt know exactly which one it was but the rpm is back to normal and no check engine light on Thanks Muckman i apreciate your help