b20 problems and questions

David.95LS

Delwarian
well i got my motor in today and hooked up, but when i started it, it will rev up to about 4k and then down to 1k and back and forth, im pretty sure its the iacv, because im pretty sure the vacuum lines are good, i had like 4 people look them over and anything looks ok. Also, what does the elbow and tube go that comes out of the b20 VC? theres not really anywhere for it to go, but i think its just a breather. Clarifications would be nice, and even opinions.

Btw its a 95 ls
thanks

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
^^^^^^^yup.. pretty sure thats ur problem

David.95LS

Delwarian
now were the hell does it go? lol

edit: and it looks like all my friends are dumbasses too lol

Last edited:

David.95LS

Delwarian
my teg is a 95 so its obd1, but whats the box thats numbered 1 on that diagram, and whats it for?

David.95LS

Delwarian
well heres the problem, when my buddy was transferring everything from the b18 to the b20, he forgot to put that on the b20, but anyway since its not on what can i do? will it work without it? now i wish i woulda checked it over before i dropped it in :(

mirrorimg

Wait, he didnt put the breather box on the back? Thats part of the PCV system, and means you have a golf ball sized hole in the back of the block. I suggest you pull the block and install it.

David.95LS

Delwarian
ok, i just went out and took a look, and there is a plug on the back were the breather box should hook up, but there is a hole above were tube 6 on the diagram goes in there is a hole for the nipple, but im not leaking any oil or coolant anywhere, its a jdm b20 btw, i have some pics ill upload here second.

edit: i fail at photobucket, so no pictures :(

Last edited: