b20 vtec?

Ok as some of you may know, I have an auto b20. Well I have come accross a great deal on a b16 head with gsr cams and everything needed to convert. dizzy, harness ect. I was told that someone sells the dowell (sp) pins for this setup so I wont have todo any drilling or anything. Does anyone know anything about this? Also I am getting a b16 trans from the same person. Would you reccomend possibly trading both trannies ( ls auto and the b16) for a gsr trans? I really dont wont to be shifting all day long with the b16 trans.

PogKai

B20VTEC
yes you need to get the dowels for the head, but still it's not so easy as it seems. you'll need an oil feed line to the VTEC solenoid. I have B20VTEC, any questions free welcome.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
shifting with the B16 tranny will be like shifting with the gsr or shifting with the ls. Nothing really changes except what rpm/speed you are at when you shift. If you want to get up to speed as fast as possible at WOT, get the b16 tranny. Thats the only differance

spikehairboy

Non-Registered User
if you get the b16 tranny you WILL be shifting all day long. i have a b20vtec and i feel like i shift all day lon g with my gsr tranny.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
cheezeonmakneez said:
Ok as some of you may know, I have an auto b20. Well I have come accross a great deal on a b16 head with gsr cams and everything needed to convert. dizzy, harness ect. I was told that someone sells the dowell (sp) pins for this setup so I wont have todo any drilling or anything. Does anyone know anything about this? Also I am getting a b16 trans from the same person. Would you reccomend possibly trading both trannies ( ls auto and the b16) for a gsr trans? I really dont wont to be shifting all day long with the b16 trans.
i have an extra set of pins...they have never ben used......15 shipped there yours......you can pm me if u want pics.

PogKai

B20VTEC
spikehairboy said:
if you get the b16 tranny you WILL be shifting all day long. i have a b20vtec and i feel like i shift all day lon g with my gsr tranny.
yeah.. i shift all 5 gears in matter of seconds :???:

8urcivic said:
i have an extra set of pins...they have never ben used......15 shipped there yours......you can pm me if u want pics.
Are these for the ls vtec? Yeah Pic's would be cool. I may end up buying a kit that eagle sells for 247. It comes with pins, oil fed lines and tap. I'm not real sure yet though. I may just piece it together.

When I get the b16 trans, anybody have a gsr layin around for trade?

Kuchtaboy said:
shifting with the B16 tranny will be like shifting with the gsr or shifting with the ls. Nothing really changes except what rpm/speed you are at when you shift. If you want to get up to speed as fast as possible at WOT, get the b16 tranny. Thats the only differance
I really wouldnt mind the b16 trans but I drive 75mph to work everyday and my work is 50 miles away. It would kinda kill my gas mileage.

PogKai

B20VTEC
cheezeonmakneez said:
Are these for the ls vtec? Yeah Pic's would be cool. I may end up buying a kit that eagle sells for 247. It comes with pins, oil fed lines and tap. I'm not real sure yet though. I may just piece it together.

When I get the b16 trans, anybody have a gsr layin around for trade?
it's the same as for LSVTEC.. here's a pic:

I have the golden eagle kit in my setup.. high quality stuff!

PogKai said:

Yeah thats the kit I found. Any helpfull hints on the conversion are welcome as well

8urcivic

PogKai said:

these are the same ones i have......lemme know if u want em.

8urcivic

cheezeonmakneez said:
Well if you still have them when my ish arrives in a few weeks consider them sold.
wel my friend locally might pick them up....so i mean...who ever gets the payment to me first...