b20b turbo

DAIntegraB20B

how long would a fully stock b20b last with an ebay turbo. No worried about blowing either turbo or motor so just wondering. just as a daily drive that i would push every now and then??

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It would last about 2 gear pulls before you blew it up.

Havok114

Lol eBays turbos lasted like 2 weeks before they went to shit then I finally bought a Garrett, eBay Turbos are nothing but headaches ..

Sent from my pager

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I would worry more about your b20 sleeves giving out and then the turbo, or both at the same time.

Cheaping out = bad idea.

Find another motor to boost, and another turbo to use.

Havok114

My setup was a b1 on 12psi same turbo.
My cousins setup is a b20 12.5 psi same turbo
His old eg had same turbo b20 aswell and 12psi
We love these Turbos & know the limits of these motors , everyone's scared to go over 8 on a stock motor :thumbdown:

Sent from my pager

Muckman

Not a M0derator
How much power is safe on a stock B20? Did you get a dyno graph when you had your engine tuned?

Havok114

How much power is safe on a stock B20? Did you get a dyno graph when you had your engine tuned?
My setup was tuned on the streets, my cousin was tuned by dnr out in California & made 250 if I can remember correctly, pretty good for a 100% stock motors ..
My airefuel ratio at WOT was safe & wasn't all over the place.

Sent from my pager

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I dont understand why you refer to PSI when whp and wtq makes more sense. People are afraid to go over 8psi because those people are probably incapable of understanding that 8lbs off a t25 will not yield the same results as 8lbs on a gt35r.

With that said..

Its cool that your motor is holding together with your setup, but to me, IMO, just because you can do it, doesnt mean you should do it. More power to you though.