b20b turbo

Havok114

I dont understand why you refer to PSI when whp and wtq makes more sense. People are afraid to go over 8psi because those people are probably incapable of understanding that 8lbs off a t25 will not yield the same results as 8lbs on a gt35r.

With that said..

Its cool that your motor is holding together with your setup, but to me, IMO, just because you can do it, doesnt mean you should do it. More power to you though.
I told you what size Turbos we used guy

Sent from my pager

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
How about $12k in a gearbox? Shit happens, parts fail. Even in a dog box with billet casing, he assumes something will break.
This is from Lightspeed's newest 9 second car.

Parts wear with abuse, every time you drive your car you abuse it. Some parts hold up longer than others, but it still never places the fail rate at 0.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
God fucking damn, that is balling.
Our issue has been gearbox, block is fine. Pretty sure it's a b20v running well over 600. First it shred 2nd gear, then started fucking up the casing. Ran 9.9 spinning the whole way down the track. With a bit more work on a good track, we may see an 8 second pass this year. But Opher spends the money to run that, he doesn't buy garbage. Plus LDL Speed Shop is a great shop

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I generally agree with everything DaddyBuilt has said here so I dont need to repeat any of it.

There is a huge learning curve with all of this. And even though it’s been done a million times over the past 2 decades alot of those who are really good at it don't share because they've built a business out of it. So we are stuck learning on our own and trying to sort through the s*** on forums.

It’s very hard to build it right the first time unless you are paying a good shop to do it and many times even they F it up. Building it “right” is a grey area with no absolute answer. Some get lucky but most will break things trying to go fast.

Oh and those people who make crazy numbers on stock blocks, it’s funny they never come back 1 or 2 years later to report its still alive and healthy – because it’s not. Nobody wants to report they blew up their s***.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
My setup was a b1 on 12psi same turbo.
My cousins setup is a b20 12.5 psi same turbo
His old eg had same turbo b20 aswell and 12psi
We love these Turbos & know the limits of these motors , everyone's scared to go over 8 on a stock motor :thumbdown:

Sent from my pager
I told you what size Turbos we used guy

Sent from my pager
You also said everyones afraid of going over 8 on a stock motor. Going over 8psi with your turbo? Or going over 8psi in general?

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I generally agree with everything DaddyBuilt has said here so I dont need to repeat any of it.

There is a huge learning curve with all of this. And even though it’s been done a million times over the past 2 decades alot of those who are really good at it don't share because they've built a business out of it. So we are stuck learning on our own and trying to sort through the s*** on forums.

It’s very hard to build it right the first time unless you are paying a good shop to do it and many times even they F it up. Building it “right” is a grey area with no absolute answer. Some get lucky but most will break things trying to go fast.

Oh and those people who make crazy numbers on stock blocks, it’s funny they never come back 1 or 2 years later to report its still alive and healthy – because it’s not. Nobody wants to report they blew up their s***.
Dont companies that rebuikd blocks like Darton, Benson, and GE have a piece of paper that comes with it with all the specifications of the block itself? Bore size, piston size, compression, clearances, etc.?

And you couldnt be more right about the 600hp stock block guys not posting up later on.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Dont companies that rebuild blocks like Darton, Benson, and GE have a piece of paper that comes with it with all the specifications of the block itself? Bore size, piston size, compression, clearances, etc.?
Yes that’s a blue print or a spec sheet. And that’s fine for that specific engine but will not work for all engines. These spec sheets are basic and only consider the bottom half of the engine. Theres many other variables that need to be considered. I wont bore you with examples.

Last edited: