b20z2

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Heys guys. I was thinking about swaping to a b20z2. Whats the stats on them?. I dont want a wild build, just something thats a step up from the stock b18a1. So no plans for a vtec head or turbo for now. Probably just I/E/H, ps and ac delete. So would it be worth swapping? and what 5 speed trans works with the motor??

heritage36

It may be worth it if you combine it with a trans that has better gearing. If you use your stock B18a trans it won't be that significant.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Well I have a auto trans :(. So thats why I was wanting to upgrade to a manual. So what would be the "best" trans to get for the b20?

91tegwitgsr

I was thinking about doing the same type of swap from my b18c to a b20z2.....they've got a built one in a beat up honda hatch back sitting at a dealership here in my town....just thought bout buying the car and swapping the motor plus tranny out.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Are those trannys hard to find?? Will I have to order them off line?

heritage36

B16 one is really short, just so you know. I think a YS1 is a good one in the middle, not too short but short enough to be fun. If you need good gas mileage, you may not want a B16 trans, though I like them myself, but I have a very short commute.

heritage36

To be honest, I think the specs list them the same in some spots I see, but they feel very different really. The B17 YS1 trans feels longer and gets a lot better mileage and keeps rpms lower, while the B16 one is shorter feeling. It feels like a significant difference to me actually, and i have driven a few YS1 transmissions and a few B16s.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
I have many hobbies haha. So I want something thats easy to find and will be most affective for performance. I would like to go to a salvage yard and pick up a cheap trans and buy a rebuild kit for it. Maybe a 3rd gen gsr or ls?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
a cable b16 with an ls final drive IMO. And I prefer cable over hydro any day but I'm just old school. With an AC and PS delete and I/H/E and the tranny it will be worth it 100%.