Bad CV Axle?

erikonetime

everything goes
Okay I've been doing some researching on this and I just want to be sure I know what I'm dealing with.
When I turn, I hear a clicking noise coming from my front end, it is a consistent click, but only when I am accelerating. If I take my foot off the gas completely during the turn, the sound goes away.
It's been doing this for awhile.
I also hear a consistent thumping noise around 35mph coming from the right side of the car when accelerating, but it's kinda quiet, and goes away as I let off the gas.
I'm lowered, pretty low. My boots look bad too, and idk how long they've been like this since I've only had the car for a few months.
Is it my CV axles, or what else?

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
Does the noise from the front of your car happen when the clutch is pushed in?

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
I've heard some lsd's giving out weird clunking noises on turns, unless it's your lsd but I highly doubt you have one in your car. As for the thumping it could be your tires but I doubt that also.

erikonetime

everything goes
I'm guessing it's just my axles, but why would acceleration change whether not it clicks on turns

mjones73

Inner CV joints will shake under acceleration. If your boots are torn up it's probably worth swapping in some new shafts anyway.

erikonetime

everything goes
tranny? i have no clue. the car has 170xxx, but idk if it's the original tranny.
However, i realised today that the clicking still happens on turns if my foot is off the gas. But it worsens if I accelerate at all.
It also has some bad vibration at acceleration.
I'm 75% certain it's my axles.

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
tranny? i have no clue. the car has 170xxx, but idk if it's the original tranny.
However, i realised today that the clicking still happens on turns if my foot is off the gas. But it worsens if I accelerate at all.
It also has some bad vibration at acceleration.
I'm 75% certain it's my axles.
Sounds like bad outer cv joint

obama'swhiteson

ya i bet it is your cv, my old buddy has a teg and did the same chit and we checked it out ant the boot was literally gone on the inner joint on the right side of the car, pretty intence

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
im positive (based solely on your description) its your axles. replace them with napa aftermarked axles, get the lifetime warranty, replace them and forget about it till they go bad again lol

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
oh yeah, and to answer your question, they click when accelerating louder than when your not because they are under more load. the more torque your engine is putting on the axles the more they will click

erikonetime

everything goes
At least I know what it is now.
But since I'm lowered, will it just happen again just as fast?
And I don't have money right now..how long am I going to be able to drive on em?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
i have a similiar problem and i can hear a click only on my passanger side when the window is down, otherwise i cant hear it. my car has a loud catback so i can barely hear anything other than that when im accelerating. i get no vibrations and i am pretty sure its the outer CV joint. if i buy new axels will they come with the spider (inner section of the CV joint with the 3 little wheels) or is that seperate? will they also include the spline?