Bad motor mount?

nayy

Ok so I need some help, I am looking to buy a 96 non vtec standard trans and the guy selling it is telling me that the car doesnt shift into 5th because of a bad motor mount. Is this possible? Sorry if stupid question I just have never heard of anything like this before and do not want to lose the car if its an easy fix

Noneed2Hate

That sounds like a lie for "yeah the tranny is mad messed up but I'll just say it's the motor mount instead so you'll believe it isn't that big of an issue"

nayy

Yea I figured that, kus something just didnt seem right about that I went ahead and passed on it something else will come up in good time

Noneed2Hate

Yea I figured that, kus something just didnt seem right about that I went ahead and passed on it something else will come up in good time
yeah if he's able to shift into all the other gears wtih "a bad motor mount" there is no reason that he shouldn't be able to shift into 5th.

Murphy

Meat Master
I'd tell him ok so you're telling me the car has a bad transmission and a bad motor mount? I'll give you $300 for it lol