Bad News.... Accident

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
So I've been getting bugged to put up some photos of the bike and myself from the accident. While I wait for the photos to be uploaded I'll tell you about how it all happened.

I was chilling with some friends at a BBQ and were talking about bikes. I had ridden there and so had another friend. We got to talking about the two bikes, and had gone outside to take a look at them (They had not seen my bike yet). They were saying that even though it was an older bike, that it still had a decent amount of power and that I should ride it while my friend with the older bike rides mine. I didn't like that idea for a few reasons: one, I'm not comfortable with people riding my bike just yet (let alone with a little amount of experience) and two, I don't feel comfortable riding someone elses bike in a sporting fashion just yet.

So we both agreed to ride our own bikes and try to get an idea of how the other one rides on the street. We both went inside and put on our gear and came out to warm up the bikes. Once we set out of the neighborhood I came up behind him at the stop sign at the main road. He turned and I checked to make sure the coast was clear and then followed. Once I straightened out, I grabbed a little more handle than usual. Suddenly his bike slowed down abrubtly and I swerved to avoid him and grabbed too much on the front brake.

For the new model 07 they had updated the brakes, and let me tell you, they are strong. As soon as I hit the front brake I was off the bike. I don't know if I high sided (where the bike tosses you in the air, look on YouTube for motorcycle crashes) or if I low sided the bike. I just remember sliding/rolling across the pavement watching the asphault pass by my eyes. They say time slows down in times like this and I believe them. It was almost as I could see each crack and pebble in the asphault as I passed over it. While sliding I was thinking "Are you shitting me?! Did I really just crash my week old bike?!"..... I did, and I did not shit myself.

Once I stopped rolling, I looked back towards oncoming traffic, saw I was in the middle of the road and hobbled to the sidewalk. Got there and knew my wrist was broken and ankle hurt. About 30 seconds after I got there a gentlemen rode up in his older red Honda Prelude (Mad props to nice Honda guys) and told me he had called the police and that he was a longtime rider and went to turn off the bike. Less than a minute after that, the police arrived soon followed by the ambulance. I have to give thanks to the Gilbert police department and the paramedics for their prompt response and how nice they were. They even called me about a week after the accident to ask what the final outcome was and what not. They also needed some proof of insurance for state reports and what not.

Anyways, I told the paramedics that I was declining their service (Ambulance rides are SUPER expensive) and they got out of there faster than freeloaders leaving a party once the keg is tapped. I got a ride to the hospital from my friends (whom rode my bike to my parents house. It rides fine, but a peg is broken and scratched in a few spots)

Thats basically the story... Here are some pics...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Bodily Injuries:

I will get some pics of the xrays when I can get upstairs to scan them and update this

EDIT: Here's a pic of my new baller whip. got blacked out wheels, 22" in rear, 5" up front, rwd, turns on a dime...

Last edited:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
damn you're a trooper. so basically the dude in front of you messed you up. i hate when that happens, especially driving when someone brakes really hard even though they move 2 feet upwards fast.

speedin

The Transporter
WOW! Bikes fine (just cosmetic really). But you on the other hand! OUCH! Is that yellow I see on those bruses? Never seen a yellow bruse. Looks like it hurts, BAD! Well enjoy the pain killers :lol:

JDM_Conversion said:
damn you're a trooper. so basically the dude in front of you messed you up. i hate when that happens, especially driving when someone brakes really hard even though they move 2 feet upwards fast.
No I think he said he just accidentally grabed to much front brake.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
holy roly poly, jon! that shit's uglier than i imagined. i hope you feel better real soon.

p.s. i'm diggin' the new ride. black on black is always sexy. can i take it for a spin sometime?

speedin

The Transporter
G3GirL said:
holy roly poly, jon! that shit's uglier than i imagined. i hope you feel better real soon.

p.s. i'm diggin' the new ride. black on black is always sexy. can i take it for a spin sometime?
Oh, Didnt see that pic! I wanna do some wheelies in that baby!

G3GirL

speedin said:
Oh, Didnt see that pic! I wanna do some wheelies in that baby!
you'd probably flip back and crack your head...lol not that it'd be funny or anything.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
yes, i grabbed too much brake...

yes, the yellow is bruising, just spread out

trinh, ill have to be in the seat, but you can sit on my lap and we can go over the bumps

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
speedin said:
WOW! Bikes fine (just cosmetic really). But you on the other hand! OUCH! Is that yellow I see on those bruses? Never seen a yellow bruse. Looks like it hurts, BAD! Well enjoy the pain killers :lol:

No I think he said he just accidentally grabed to much front brake.
yeah, that's true. but he did try to swerve around after his friend stopped abruptly. mistakes happen. that's why we have training wheels. lol. im kidding.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
Eviloliv3 said:
yes, i grabbed too much brake...

yes, the yellow is bruising, just spread out

trinh, ill have to be in the seat, but you can sit on my lap and we can go over the bumps
haha. with her on i don't think you'll go anywhere. all that torque is gone.

G3GirL

Eviloliv3 said:
why? use your fucking walker. i see it right there in the pic. lol

crzy azn

is crzy
get better soon dude, that shit looks painful. and your bike isnt that damaged so :thumbup: for that
i know what you mean by time slowing down...in my civic accident right before i hit this truck that pulled out in fornt of me..time just went to a stop the instant before i hit. and with my acura accident when i rolled..when the rear windsheil busted it was like all the glass pieces were floating in front of me like in outter space.