Bad noise from wheel or axle area, Please help!

DRIFTERJM

So today in driving my slammed integra and yet another problem. While I'm driving there is a constant squealing in my left whee areal. It stops when the car isn't moving. And the faster you go the worse it gets. Also when you put your foot on the brake it slightly worsens. Now obviously you'd think that the tire would be rubbing on something but from what I can see it's not. Also I just got new brake pads. Any ideas on what it could be that's making this terrible noise?! Please help! And thank you in advance.

Last edited:

SeanDA9

If the sound was not present before you did the brakes. Id start at the brakes. Otherwise a video would help a lot.

Nick_C78

Did you do rear pads? You could have an issue with the pads, or a bad caliper...thats all that makes sense from description. What pads did you use and did you run any stop squeek?

Russell D

Could you take a video of the noise? That may make it easier to diagnose

slowtec

Internet Tough Guy
I agree with others, take a video. Have a friend pace your car on that side and take a video.

My sister-in-law described something very similar to me once and it was a wheel bearing issue. And I had something really similar when I had about 600 lbs in the back of my Integra and the fender was riding on the tire. That was fun.