Bad sway bar endlinks = failed SI?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My sister has a 2000 Focus, she went to get it inspected and it failed because of bad sway bar endlinks, among othere things. Is that really a legit reason to fail an inspection or is this place just trying to suck money out of her, and she should go someplace else?
It also failed because of a tie rod, both torsion bars and "steering linkage freeplay". I know a bad tie rod is legit, torsion bars I suppose (don't know what those exactly do), but what about the steering freeplay, is that legit to fail inspection because of?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
My sister has a 2000 Focus, she went to get it inspected and it failed because of bad sway bar endlinks, among othere things. Is that really a legit reason to fail an inspection or is this place just trying to suck money out of her, and she should go someplace else?
It also failed because of a tie rod, both torsion bars and "steering linkage freeplay". I know a bad tie rod is legit, torsion bars I suppose (don't know what those exactly do), but what about the steering freeplay, is that legit to fail inspection because of?
i think they're trying to get some cash but must of it sounds legit, if that place is like that then they would fail me on site