Bad thermostat or what's going on??

GSR_ITR_BOIB

Well, I don't know what's going on now. I haven't tried swapping the cluster out yet to see if another temperature gauge would work, as I don't have another cluster, and the top radiator hose is warm, and the bottom is cold, and has no pressure to it. I let the car idle for like another 10 minutes and squeezed the bottom hose. Not only is it cold, but it doesn't even feel like there's anything in it.

reg_lus

Well, I don't know what's going on now. I haven't tried swapping the cluster out yet to see if another temperature gauge would work, as I don't have another cluster, and the top radiator hose is warm, and the bottom is cold, and has no pressure to it. I let the car idle for like another 10 minutes and squeezed the bottom hose. Not only is it cold, but it doesn't even feel like there's anything in it.
Turn on your engine, open your radiator cap, fill it up with water.

If I were you, I'd keep filling it up with WATER untill it's full, just for a test so I don't waste ANTI-FREEZE.
If it's full check your Temp. That could be the problem why the thermostat's not reading cus you said there's no water on the bottom hose.

Just so you know if your car is overheating, touch any coolant hose, if it's very very very hot, then it means it's over heating.

GSR_ITR_BOIB

Turn on your engine, open your radiator cap, fill it up with water.

If I were you, I'd keep filling it up with WATER untill it's full, just for a test so I don't waste ANTI-FREEZE.
If it's full check your Temp. That could be the problem why the thermostat's not reading cus you said there's no water on the bottom hose.

Just so you know if your car is overheating, touch any coolant hose, if it's very very very hot, then it means it's over heating.
I already have coolant in the radiator. I can't keep filling it up because it already filled to the top and the level doesn't go down.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Do any of the hoses look collapsed when the car is on? If my car warmed up in 5 minutes, that would be a miracle, closer to 10 minutes or more, depending where you live, is more reasonable. Take off the lower hose and stick a garden hose in the top, if it looks like it coming out too slow, then its clogged.

reg_lus

Do any of the hoses look collapsed when the car is on? If my car warmed up in 5 minutes, that would be a miracle, closer to 10 minutes or more, depending where you live, is more reasonable. Take off the lower hose and stick a garden hose in the top, if it looks like it coming out too slow, then its clogged.
My warms up in 5 min (temperature needle points close to half) It's normal. Not because something is wrong. You could can do what he said too.