bad water leak please help!

ls_briggs

I bought this 90 integra ls that's leaking water in the trunk and getting in the back seat and floor board. When i Bought it the guy had it in a garage and it had no water damage or rust and has blck gsr leather. He told me he replaced the hatch but I notice that the left side of the hatch is sitting up to high on the trunk part and there is a big gap. I took my rear seats out and there was huge puddles of water and the back floors were wet. My trunk was also completely soaked. It doesn't look like the hatch is mishaped or bent or anything. The antena is also missing and I think a lot of water might also be coming from the whole there. Does anyone know if I can adjust one side of the hatch to be lower? Or any tips for finding and fixing leaks like this? I would very much appreciate it!

Exige24

Plug the antenna hole. Replace the tail light gaskets. Realign the hatch. Check the hatch gasket after realignment.
Great advice. The only other thing I'd say to check is the drainage tubes on each wheel well coming from the moonroof. They can come out of the tube holders they sit in quit easily.

ls_briggs

Thanks

Thanks ill try to do all that, but the hatch on my car isnt the original one, he said he replaced it for "one without the spoiler" I think its off of a gs or something. Is that hatch a slightly different size? if it does fit then how do I go about realigning it? the left side where it meets with the trunk sits up to high and I think this is where water is leaking.

90_teggy

i have a 90 integra GS model. and i also have a pretty decent water leak coming in from the hatch. my power antenna is missing along with the spoiler. (still didnt bolt that on yet) and i have decent sized puddles where the spare tire goes. and everytime i get in my car all my windows are fogged up. i sucked it all up with a shopvac and then sprayed a hose over the entire car and there was no water leak. it is only when it rains that the water gets in. any ideas?

gugiey

Thanks ill try to do all that, but the hatch on my car isnt the original one, he said he replaced it for "one without the spoiler" I think its off of a gs or something. Is that hatch a slightly different size? if it does fit then how do I go about realigning it? the left side where it meets with the trunk sits up to high and I think this is where water is leaking.
wanna know how the pros find leaks ?
sit in your hatch . with everything closed . get a buddy to spare water with a hose over your hatch and you can watch to see where
it comes out from !!!
magic you found your leak !!!

dlo253

Well, first start with the obvious.....plugging the holes. Realign the hatch. They are not different sizes. If that doesn't work, check the drain tubes, and replace taillight gaskets. Iirc they are kinda spendy for OEM so try the other stuff first..

Evilbert

Not trying to highjack your thread, but i also have a water leak. When ever it rains (Im in seattle) i get a small but persistant leak coming out of the 'seatbelt track' on my drivers side. Ive looked on that side of the windshield, and it all looks good and water tight, i even added some black calking in the corner just to make sure. What should i do to go about and fix this?

dlo253

Maybe adjust your window? or you may need new weather stripping. pour some water all around the suspected areas and see where its actually getting inside. Then report back.

rshou

for the water coming out of the seat belt track, i would say check along the top side of your windshield. the water may be leaking in through there.