Battery light stays on! What to do?

bjanosz62391

you may not be able to read that....if not let me know and i will email you a full size image...either way....you have a short to ground on the wht/blue wire :)

J_D_M_TEG

When i pull the plug out from the alternator with the car running the light goes off so i know i dont have a short..

bjanosz62391

Then you may need a voltage regulator. You answered your own question. Where did you get your alternator from?

J_D_M_TEG

I bought it from napa auto parts.. But the thing is i tried my friends alternator in my car and i still get the same problem. And its the same year and model as mine. and when we put his back in his car its fine.. maybe tomorrow ill try and use my alternator in his car and see if it does the same thing in his car

J_D_M_TEG

bjanosz.. Thank's alot though I learnend alot more today just from you posting the diagrams and stuff!!

bjanosz62391

no problem....hmmm now i got a bone to pick with your alternator! wish u lived in chicago lol...ill do some research

hudson1gua

I took the damn thing out, had a friend do an under the table check the BMW stealer, the piece of crap works 100%..Put the sucker back in and the GODDAM light is still on..ABS does the same SH**..So what now? Oh I forgot to mention the Brake like will flicker every once in a blue moon..

MaNoliTo......ShOot tHaT piEcE of ShIT...

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
It sounds like your battery doesn't have enough juice. And 12.3 seems low to me. Should be like 12.6 iirc. Start your car and turn off any lights, radio ect.. hold the rev high for little while and see if the light goes off, or you can try swapping your battery with a friend and see if that helps.