battery recommendations?

RhDdc210

they all going to last u 2 or 3 years >> dont waste money on optima pay 80 bucks for a good interstate

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
they all going to last u 2 or 3 years >> dont waste money on optima pay 80 bucks for a good interstate
Any proof to back up these claims? Just sayin. This thing has held up best of the ones I've had with my audio setup and whatnot

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Autocrafts are made by johnson controls and exide, duralast is made by diehard, both are top rated amongst consumer reports in the top 3, avoid interstate batterys at all cost. Theres no real benefit to running an optima yellow top unless you really need a GOOD solid deep cycle battery. I just went through a interstate battery that lasted 6 months, traded off for an autocraft gold.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
Autocrafts are made by johnson controls and exide, duralast is made by diehard, both are top rated amongst consumer reports in the top 3, avoid interstate batterys at all cost. Theres no real benefit to running an optima yellow top unless you really need a GOOD solid deep cycle battery. I just went through a interstate battery that lasted 6 months, traded off for an autocraft gold.
wrong sir!! :lol: johnson control makes Autozones duralast,Optima,walmart battery,interstate and many more....anything with a sticker that has month and year(example: 2/12) is a johnson control battery.... anything with a sticker that has a letter and a number(example B/9 meaning febuary of 2009) is east penn they make O'reilleys batteries and few others....

OP now a days batteries last 2-3 years there designed to last that long... thats why warranties are usually 2-3 years... autozone pro-rates so your not stuck paying 100% full price... youll get some type of credit

Last edited:

Optima Bill

Hi brilla46,
If you are looking for a simple replacement battery for your '94 Integra, we list a Group D51R YellowTop as a direct-fit replacement. Our YellowTops and RedTops both have a 3 year free replacement so if there is a reason that your car kills a battery every two years, then you would have a warranty on the first one. If you do go with a AGM style battery, I strongly suggest you review all the warranty information out there on different brands before making a purchase. Here is a link to our battery .
I would have to disagree with Fermando’s explanation about stickers. Those date stickers can be applied at various points during the distribution process and do not necessarily identify a specific manufacturer. While some retailers have exclusive battery suppliers, others have multiple suppliers and those relationships are very fluid and change on a regular basis.
If you have other questions about our products, feel free to ask.
Thanks,
Bill Howell
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
wrong sir!! :lol: johnson control makes Autozones duralast,Optima,walmart battery,interstate and many more....anything with a sticker that has month and year(example: 2/12) is a johnson control battery.... anything with a sticker that has a letter and a number(example B/9 meaning febuary of 2009) is east penn they make O'reilleys batteries and few others....

OP now a days batteries last 2-3 years there designed to last that long... thats why warranties are usually 2-3 years... autozone pro-rates so your not stuck paying 100% full price... youll get some type of credit
hmmm, funny, my autocraft gold says johnson controls right on it, how bout that. I wonder how consumer reports could have gotten all that information wrong.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Best battery on the market is the yellow top optima or even Odyssey. At work, we run all of our diesel engines on optima's and hardly have issues with them. I'm running a Duralast in my teg right now and haven't had any issues either! Whatever you do, do not buy a Never Start from Walmart! Straight junk!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I see alot of people dog Yellow tops online, but I've owned 3 of them (2 currently), all of them running amplified stereo systems, and they all have worked fine for me. I think most people buy them thinking their superhuman and abuse them, and when they die prematurley they're all wtf about it.

dariel89

My buddy who has a eg hatch on 30 pounds of boost has it, he say it works great

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Best battery on the market is the yellow top optima or even Odyssey. At work, we run all of our diesel engines on optima's and hardly have issues with them. I'm running a Duralast in my teg right now and haven't had any issues either! Whatever you do, do not buy a Never Start from Walmart! Straight junk!
Anything from wal-mart that's car related is junk.

And I agree with everyone else, if you don't have a budget, go with the Yellow Tops. Even if you drain the battery, say leaving your light on or something, it'll be able to jump back.

Although, the duralasts are just as good, and are much cheaper. If you don't get the gold duralast it comes with a 7 year warranty, and the golds have an 8 year.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Wal Mart sells half the same brand batteries as advanced auto. You guys just mark the price up by 10-30 percent.