BC UCA install, now...

AlphaWolf1993

So I installed my BuddyClub P1 Front Camber kit finally and it's great because it's just enough adjustability for my suspension setup, BUT, now my tires have Toe-Out like crazy (like a 5 degree difference left to right. I've been going over everything and I can' find the problem. I assume I can just have it adjusted when I get an alignment, but it wasn't like that (to my recollection) before the install. I've doublechecked that the arms are on the right sides and they are. Just seeing if anyone else had this oddity

Thanks for the read

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Any time you change a major suspension component you need an alignment. How else would you expect an adjustable component to be set to the right adjustment point? Magic?

dlo253

Duh Muckman, of course it is magic. I would expect someone like you to know this.......

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I dont even understand how the OP would assume the alignment would not be all F'd up upon install.
Sir, you expected the wheels to perfectly line up after the install?

Nick_C78

Adjusting camber adjusts toe. They go hand in hand. Adjusting vertical angle also changes the horizontal angle. That is why people pay good money for quality alignments. Not that Sears generic computer "close enough" alignment.

SoundEfx

I think that because he changed the UCA, he was expecting the camber to be off, but not the toe because he didn't move the links.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Perhaps. But like Nick so eloquently explained - you change one thing, it effects other things.

AlphaWolf1993

I know that it would effect things Muckman. However, such a drastic change in toe seemed a cause for concern, especially from a camber adjustment. I did not expect my tires to be \_/ from each other so much. I know you get an alignment afterward. I am not dumb and do understand how components function, again, just did not expect SUCH a noticeable effect on toe.

Sent from my refrigerator

AlphaWolf1993

I also know that vehicles only have so much adjustability from the factory, which was my reason for asking. As the first post says, I assumed a alignment would cover the issue, however I'm unsure of the factory adjustability in that. I never looked it up, but I knew my other vehicle has about 1.5-2 degrees of the adjustment and it's a common problem for lowering (in that car). But no, magic is a cool answer too.

Sent from my refrigerator