Beaks Reinforcement Kit?

purpl3ran93r

I'm asking if anyone on CI has any experience with the Beaks Reinforcement Kit, and if it will 23mm ITR bar from tearing out my subframe. And if someone would mind explaining how those 2 pieces can suddenly make the subframe stronger to me?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
It doesnt. Think of it more as an adapter plate than reinforcement. You cant mount the itr sway bar because the subframes are different so you need that to it mounts properly. I did research and its the cheapest way to do it and while decently reliable its no reinforcement bar. Best to buy something like the ASR subframe brace.

purpl3ran93r

It doesnt. Think of it more as an adapter plate than reinforcement. You cant mount the itr sway bar because the subframes are different so you need that to it mounts properly. I did research and its the cheapest way to do it and while decently reliable its no reinforcement bar. Best to buy something like the ASR subframe brace.
Are you sure, because I did my fair share of research, and the I thought the ITR and GSR subframes are alike just one is more reinforced, and in order for it to mount properly you just need different D-brackets to accommodate for the different diameter of the sway bar. but everything else is just fine, and the only difference between the ASR and Beaks, is that the ASR has the "built in" lower tie bar, and the Beaks is just the reinforcement part. Your input is appreciated, it just counters some of my research so I just questioned it.

:D

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I thought the ITR and GSR subframes are alike just one is more reinforced,
:D
Well then theyre different right. And if they were the same you wouldnt need anything to mount it. The D brackets wouldnt be able to mount so the kit allows you to mount it. The brace allows for it and helps reinforce the subframe.

purpl3ran93r

Well then they're different right. And if they were the same you wouldn't need anything to mount it. The D brackets wouldn't be able to mount so the kit allows you to mount it. The brace allows for it and helps reinforce the subframe.
NVM, ill just buy the ASR kit, more expensive, but probably worth it.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I have some 23mm d brackets and bushings if you need

XjoEnX

The Beaks kit should work fine. It works for a sway bar upgrade the same way any subframe brace would in that it simply provides a thicker and somewhat wider mounting surface for the larger bar to transfer weight to and from. Most people prefer a brace because of it looks fancy under the ass but still serves its purpose. If you're not into the looks of it, then the Beaks kit is fine.