BeatBox's New Project 98 Acura Integra

ben h

Banned
oh its just a temp system, got to order me some more goodies this spring
i added the switch so that the subs/amps are always on, cops see them and flip it off and your good, I got into the habit of turning off the amp/subs before i turn the car off and turning it on after the car is on (weird i know)
too late to move the battery to the right, i switched it over already lol plus i weigh 130 soaking wet not too worried
thats always good so ur not puting strain on the battery when u want to start it

BeatBox

Real Good!
It feels like christmas when my packages arrive even though I now what I got.
its a great feeling for sure

comin along great man and im slowly ordering a part a week so by the time april hits ill have my own thread updated constantly for a bit i hope
thanks, yeah def make a thread something is better than nothing

thats always good so ur not puting strain on the battery when u want to start it
yeah that battery is small, it prob could handle a PowerWheels for too long lol
i wanted to stuff the yellow top under there but theres no way it would fit, i want to try to find a used XSPower battery to replace it with sometime in the future

BeatBox

Real Good!
Getting the port together, I use wood screws and wood glue BTW. damn glue was frozen so it sucked for the first hr

got the sides up around it

Pre drilled and counter sunk the top and sides screws

Also put a wooden dowl in the middle for alittle extra support
Used the good ol Jig Saw to cut the holes, got the subs to fit on the first shot

Corners sanded down and ready for wires and subs

I used 8g speaker wire (inside 12g)and used plain nuts and bolts to attach the outside wires to the inside.
Added a wing nut for easy removal. Subs are wired to 1ohm
Amp has a small piece of rubber under the top and bottom edge to keep it from vibrating too much

In the car

Over all it sounds pretty good, not loud enough obviously but will do for now

BeatBox

Real Good!
it gets loooow its tuned to 32hz so its more for the hip hop style music or also some womp womp womp womp (dubstep)
did get to turn it up to high because of the neighbors but it made the hatch shake pretty good

my sisters chihuahua would prob fit in it too

Thanks its not bad for a few hrs of work and less than $35 for something that sounds way better than pre fab junk

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
it gets loooow its tuned to 32hz so its more for the hip hop style music or also some womp womp womp womp (dubstep)
did get to turn it up to high because of the neighbors but it made the hatch shake pretty good

Thanks its not bad for a few hrs of work and less than $35 for something that sounds way better than pre fab junk
something like that would go for like $150+ if you were to have someone build it, $35 cant beat that

ben h

Banned
dam looks huge lol
and u should put the amp on the side of box dont want to shake it to bad ( a friend of mine had to get his amp rebuild cuz it waz hooked to the box and shook the shit out of it)

BeatBox

Real Good!
Can beat it
There small rubber washer bewteen the amp and the box :)
Yeah it takes up alot room but not worried about it

I cranked it up and the steering wheel shakes up and down lol when its turned up u can see the hatch trying to open, u see light coming in around the edges

ben h

Banned
Can beat it
There small rubber washer bewteen the amp and the box :)
Yeah it takes up alot room but not worried about it

I cranked it up and the steering wheel shakes up and down lol when its turned up u can see the hatch trying to open, u see light coming in around the edges
ah yea i did that when i bolted it down in my car and just wait tell ur driving down the road and the hatch pops open

BeatBox

Real Good!
you need to hit that up with a black rattlecan, other than that the build looks legit. thats stuff you could legitimately sell on craigslist if there is a market (aka enough teggys in the area) for it.
yeah i plan on putting some flex stone paint on it, black with small white chips in it kinda like this. but no time right now. im surprised i got it done the right day. yesterday and today sucked, cold and rainy

i can make them for any car, just need measurements and subs specs

yup iv had a few friends that have blown open there trunk with subs
on the jimmy the rear glass latch was eating on the metal that i latches down on, i had to put electrical tape on it to keep it from rattling lol

JOSH27

Ya DiG?

Dubstep FTW!!! lol. Lookin great, keep up the good work!