Belt troubles

illmatic

So after hearing from a few members the screeching sound from my car was coming from my P/S belt i take a look to inspect all the belts from the top and find that the middle belt is tearing. I have no idea what this belt is called or what it does. I want to replace all three belts now because this is just becoming a annoyance but it seems that the biggest problem in doing that is the motor mount that's in the way making clearance of working with this problem very little. Im also just considering to let the shop do it and not drive my car for about a week to save money. But whats your guys opinion? What should i do because it seems like im very low on options here and a little scared to drive my car anywhere with it like this :shock:

Thanks in advance for any help

illmatic

I figured out its the AC belt. but either way this looks rather hard to do myself so i'm just going to buy all three belts and sadly get a shop to do it :(.

gugiey

what do you need help with . you have there belts .
one for the alternator .
one for ac . and
p/s
it's as simple as removing a couple bolts on each part and you can move that part to get the belt off replace belt and put part to original
spot tighten bolts . test her out .

scubajosh12

91 Integra
if it seems to difficult take it to a shop. it mauy cost 100 bucks to have it installed but if your doubting yourself just on the belts take it in and avoid causing yourself more problems

illmatic

i mean i wouldn't doubt myself so much if it wasn't such a tight fit with the motor mount and all. Any special procedures or tools you guys recommend if i do want to try this?

illmatic

Lol sad thing is i have that haynes manual and its not very descriptive about replacing these belts -__- nor did they bother to add there's a giant motor mount in the way -__- in the manual they act like we can just reach in there and take it off. Not so simple lol. Would jacking the car up help? Is there more clearance thru the bottom?

illmatic

took it to a shop and the guy said the screech is coming from my breaks breaking in :D (got new drilled and slotted all around with new pads) and when the ac belt breaks to just take it off :) its good to have a little peace of mind now. . .