Best bang for buck

TSPOON

I would like to hear yalls opinions on the best suspension setup " for the money"...Lets say you got $500 to spend..is there even a decent setup for that dollar amount..I am talking Shock/springs or full coilver setup ...something that will hold up to a atleast a 2 1/2 drop or lower..I like my car LOW..don't want to drop a $1000 but i don't want EBAY brand B.S either ....
what do ya think ?

bradster101

blox full coilovers and front and rear camber... shipped for $770 - I believe its 550 without camber kits

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
camber kits DO NOTHING, DO NOT BUY THEM, when you lower your car the camber can be realigned, the tire wear is caused by the toe thrown out of balance, which can be realigned as well.

and get function and forms type 1's for about 600

TSPOON

thanks for the insight on camber kits TAM...I was never to sure about camber kits..
Bradster..thanks I will def. look into them

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah it was a big scandal from the 90's when everyone was slamming their cars, but they proved them useless since then.

and for DD/Street function and form's ARE the best bang for your buck.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
camber kits DO NOTHING, DO NOT BUY THEM
What are you talking about? When you lower your car, your alignment (camber) will be off. You will have to get a camber kit and adjust it back to spec. That, or buy new tires every summer due to camber wearing them down way too fast.

Please don't post information if you don't know what you're talking about.

TSPOON

been doing some readin on F&F's ...over on the TSX forum everyone seems to like them ..say they are lilttle stiff (which I don't mind) but definitely a good setup for the money ...

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Ok, change the suspension and don't put a camber kit in. Enjoy spending way too much on tires. Some suspension upgrades will not need a camber kit, but if you're looking for something cheap but decent, you will need one.

I don't care enough anymore though so do what you want. I'm not going to say "I told you so" but just remember what I said when your tires need replacing annually.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
as long as you get a quality alignment, don't fuck up your spring rate by cutting your springs, and have correct tire pressure you wont have excessive camber wear.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Just because someone sounds confident with what they are typing, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. I personally don't post anything unless I have personal experience with it, and when I do post something, I let people know what I know don't bullshit anyone to try and make myself sound smart. I really couldn't care less what people think of me, I'm just trying to pass the knowledge I have onto others to help them save some money and gain their own knowledge of their cars.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
same here, but H-T is a extremely reputable source for info, and nobody has proved that thread worng, so im sticking with it, it makes sense and explains everything.
if you would like to explain to me how it is wrong i will listen

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah it was a big scandal from the 90's when everyone was slamming their cars, but they proved them useless since then.

and for DD/Street function and form's ARE the best bang for your buck.
i disagree reasons below

been doing some readin on F&F's ...over on the TSX forum everyone seems to like them ..say they are lilttle stiff (which I don't mind) but definitely a good setup for the money ...
i disagree, being stiff is a matter of opinion, i will probably find FF type 2 on full stiff soft as shit. IMO skunk2 pro S ver 2 coilovers are the BEST bang for the buck. between 6-7xx dollars for a two way adjustable coilover taken after the Pro C coilover.

as long as you get a quality alignment, don't fuck up your spring rate by cutting your springs, and have correct tire pressure you wont have excessive camber wear.
yes and no.

read the article, I'm not gonna argue about it.
Tam, i have read the article many times while pondering my suspension. My take on it is you do not need an alignment as camber doesnt affect your wheel as much as toe does. This is the major thing to what the article is saying. I however belive the goal of a DD is to have something reliable where the tires will have camber within spec. Also when lowering your car, your camber is not equal, mine without a camber kit is -2.7 and -1.5 in the front. the wheels dont roll the same way. i read somewhere on honda tech that its similar to a bat rolling on the ground it doesnt roll straight. I think if anything, the Omni power rear shims ($25) and a skunk2 front camber kit would be the best route to go, from the perspective of daily driving your car and preserving your tires.