best bang for my buck

TH3RA1NM4N

I recently got myself into a Acura Integra LS and has been a blast to drive for the first 1000 miles or so. So fun I'm hooked on making it a funner car. Although my budget is limited I would like to know what would be the best route to add some more horepower without emptying my bank account. Your opinions are greatly appreciated:)

JGvtec

Welcome to CI. Im Jordan. :hi:

It depends on how much your willing to drop. Most people will just do I/H/E. which really won't be a noticeable difference but you will feel it.

Also, ive always wanted to do this.

:nopics:

TH3RA1NM4N

well im also thinking about making some changes to the exterior of the car. I do like the look of foglights and I'm not to crazy about the side mirrors on the car (they seem to stick out really far). But that might just be me.
haha heres a pic for ya!

Gs-Rvtec

nice mines black too lol get a cold air intake or something. also helps with gas milage.

JDMb20DC2

First off whats your budget?

You can spray your car for about $600 and run 11s lol but it won't last lol but whats your budget.

TH3RA1NM4N

my budgets probably around 300-400 dollars for the coming months after the holidays. Things im looking to do...
-Cold Air Intake
-Headers and Exhaust
-foglights
-side mirrors(ones that are more flush with the side of the car)

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
get cold air intake, headers, and exhaust. it all helps with gas milage and will make your car a bit faster (25ish hp) and its easier on the bank

SilverSophie

Intake - about $150-250
Header - Megan Racing $175-200 / DC sport $250-300 / Skunk MegaPower $600 +
Exhaust anywhere from $300 - 600 + Just depends on what exhaust and if its catback etc

thats just a rough ball park estimate at the retail costs. Granted, there's ALWAYS a good deal out there. hope that helps! :)

8-bit

do what now?
im considerin sellin my aem CAI soon if your interested pm me.
welcome to the club! clean lookin DC4!

sumfilipinodude

Adding intake, header, exhaust won't help gas mileage, it'll only hurt it. The best bet to get best gas mileage is staying stock...

But doing i/h/e is probably the best bet. Also, for intake, just go for eBay CAI or SRI, get rid of the filter that comes with it and get a better one, like K&N.