Best exhaust without breaking the bank

Tedward

Whatup guys, im new to the forum and ik this question has probably already been asked but, I need a new exhaust system for my 90 RS. Im thinking something along the lines of the Apexi WS2 or GReddy Evo2, something deep and quiet. Im sick of sounding like a 2 stroke rippin down the freeway lol. So wheres the best place to get a system like this or comparable system thats not like 600$? Also i cant find either of these that says it will fit a 1990

Tree

yonaka cat backs are pretty cheap and sound pretty good, just look up some sound clips

Tedward

thanks guys! the yonaka doesnt sound half bad. I def need a full system tho. I bought it from a kid who had just put an ebay fart can on the stock pipe. but the stock pipe rusted out and the fart can broke off when i scraped on some train tracks lol, so i gotta get a cat back at the very least. Im currently trying to find a used WS2 for a good price. Pls share if you come across a good deal!

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
yonaka, Godspeed, DNA motoring, Etc. etc.. etc... all the same kits & widely available on ebay for around 200 bucks. They sound ok.. but are a bit raspy & look like crap. I'd just as soon go with OEM.

Tanabe Medallion, or OEM are the best 2 kits out there if you were to ask me... Tanabe is goign to run you 5-600 bucks but carries the OEM look with a slightly more aggressive sound to it.

Now that I own a G35... 600 bucks for a descent exhaust system seems a helluva lot cheaper than it did when I just had a DA :p

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
To everyone saying Yonaka... They don't make them for DA's. Since OP isn't wanting to spend a lot of money, he is pretty limited to something obnoxiously loud, or a custom exhaust.

I vote for custom exhaust.... If I had to guess, it shouldn't be more than $100-150 for a muffler shop to custom bend one and weld on a muffler. (price including the $285 WS2 muffler I posted earlier.) So total is a little over $400, maybe?

I could be wrong, I don't think that Apexi made a WS2 for the 90-93's either.

Last edited: