best header!

dhabell

I have a 2.25" yanaka catback on my 99 GS (obd2) B18b1. Im looking for a header with a 2.25" collector (and also a 2.25" test pipe).

1) any recommendations?
a) header
b) test pipe

2) also I guess putting the above on will make my CEL turn on. what's the cheapest way around this?

my buddy says the best way around the CEL issue is to convert to obd1 and then I can also get a chip and/or get tuned.

3) what does a obd1 conversion entail? 4) how much is that?

Black teg

Catch me if you can
Get a header that is 4-1, not 4-2-1. The 4-1 headers make more midrange and top end hp & tq.

I have a DC header on my teg and a DC4-2-1 header on the GF's teg.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Get a header that is 4-1, not 4-2-1. The 4-1 headers make more midrange and top end hp & tq.

I have a DC header on my teg and a DC4-2-1 header on the GF's teg.
depends if his car is lowered, if your car is really low then look for a 4-2-1 header. the 4-2-1 have higher ground clearance and wont develop flat spots from bottoming out as easy as the 4-1 headers. and also like said before, i would keep the cat on the car and skip the test pipe.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
There is no such thing as "best header" The best header is the type that suits your build the best.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
also an obd 1 conversion would include a new ecu, new wiring harness for sure, and i think a new engine (at least a new head(maybe just a new dizzy)) but im not too sure. so doing an obd1 conversion just to avoid your cel is a bit much

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
An obd1 conversion involves a new chipped ecu and a jumper harness to convert from obd2 to obd1. This isnt really expensive.

Black teg

Catch me if you can
My car is slammed and my header is fine still i don't hit it off anything and I have a 4-1 DC Sport header. I have about 1.5" ground clearance, lol.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
My car is slammed and my header is fine still i don't hit it off anything and I have a 4-1 DC Sport header. I have about 1.5" ground clearance, lol.
i had about 4" of clearance on my ls with the same headers. they are really flat on the bottom. i now have some 4-2-1 headers and they have about a .5" increase. the car was totaled before i put on the newer headers (while i was trying to fix it) so i havent driven it around since then