Best Motor for Forced Induction

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
not correct. that is a blanket statement at that. there are other factors other than compression ratio that factor into which is best besides compression ratio.
yes i know thats why its in "quotes" and many budgets builds come from stock motors. But, since the B1 is so easily attainable and easy to replace in terms of finding one that was one of my factors in having it "the best" motor for boost.

and your a moderator on this forum?
Didnt know moderators had to know everything about cars, thought they had a job to do in keeping order on the boards, im pretty sure there are moderators and admins that would get butt hurt over this but oh well if you have a problem with me PM me about it.

i know rite hes supposed to know it all the way he post in everyone treads. and vary rude alot of the time
I have not been rude to you at all, you do not know me personally and the people who do know me personally will say that this is an accurate representation of who i am. I am very blunt and if thats a problem again PM me. Also, i think its you who thinks i "know it all" Just because i dont say "i think" doesnt mean i dont know it all. If my rude comments are about calling you out for not helping your argument when calling peolpe dicks for not helping then no, that wasnt rude, that was the truth. Calling someone a dick for not helping someone, but yet not helping them yourself does in no way help your argument. Sorry thats the truth.

not to mention you are chastising me over a subjective answer to a subjective question. Which makes no sense since its based on your opinion.

Last edited:

jbrown97ls

I have yet to see any rude comments. Just varying opinions; that's all you will get when you ask "what is the best" type questions.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Loooooooooooooool, you faggots take everything so literally. Idk how you ever even made it out of highschool, half the time. Must have been swirly city in that bathroom for you

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
yes i know thats why its in "quotes" and many budgets builds come from stock motors. But, since the B1 is so easily attainable and easy to replace in terms of finding one that was one of my factors in having it "the best" motor for boost.

1. you could elaborate a little more than your previous statement. you make vague blanket statements when the guy is asking advice for his build. which engine is better for boost typically means which one can be the most safely boosted to a specific point for a specific price that meats his specific goals. your original statement mentioned compression ratio and nothing else which is wrong if you're going only off of that ideology

2. i fail to see how something being cheap and easily replaceable means that it excels in being great for boost. that's like saying why should i get actual injectors for my build when i can just buy an ebay FPR. it's cheaper and easily replaceable. doesn't make it better. that's where the elaborating on your statement comes into play. saying something like "the b18b1 is best for "YOU" if you're after a sub 300whp goal and on a budget"

3. and no i don't expect you to know everything you're still young and none of us are perfect. i sure as hell don't know everything.

Loooooooooooooool, you faggots take everything so literally. Idk how you ever even made it out of highschool, half the time. Must have been swirly city in that bathroom for you
1. when asking for advice on the proper route to build you engine why wouldn't you take advice literally?
2. inflection through a keyboard isn't exactly easy to read. things sound better in our heads to us then when we post them online open to vague interpretation.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1. you could elaborate a little more than your previous statement. you make vague blanket statements when the guy is asking advice for his build. which engine is better for boost typically means which one can be the most safely boosted to a specific point for a specific price that meats his specific goals. your original statement mentioned compression ratio and nothing else which is wrong if you're going only off of that ideology

2. i fail to see how something being cheap and easily replaceable means that it excels in being great for boost. that's like saying why should i get actual injectors for my build when i can just buy an ebay FPR. it's cheaper and easily replaceable. doesn't make it better. that's where the elaborating on your statement comes into play. saying something like "the b18b1 is best for "YOU" if you're after a sub 300whp goal and on a budget"

3. and no i don't expect you to know everything you're still young and none of us are perfect. i sure as hell don't know everything.
Yes it is a blanket statement, but it is also my answer to a subjective question.
reasoning to say a b1/a1 is cheaper to replace is you can find them for less money than say a gsr or type r, b20s and b1s can be found for pennies compared to a gsr/type r. Also, sorry i didnt elaborate i assumed he was asking for out of the box best motor for turbo aka im broke and on a budget and dont really want to build a motor.

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Yes it is a blanket statement, but it is also my answer to a subjective question.
reasoning to say a b1/a1 is cheaper to replace is you can find them for less money than say a gsr or type r, b20s and b1s can be found for pennies compared to a gsr/type r. Also, sorry i didnt elaborate i assumed he was asking for out of the box best motor for turbo aka im broke and on a budget and dont really want to build a motor.
I gotcha. and nothing wrong with that reasoning.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
1. when asking for advice on the proper route to build you engine why wouldn't you take advice literally?
2. inflection through a keyboard isn't exactly easy to read. things sound better in our heads to us then when we post them online open to vague interpretation.
This is literally proving my point. Very few people have the vocabulary and understanding of public perception enough to convey a very specific point.
More than that, in this case, he asked a opinionated question - so obviously people will have different opinions based on their overall hopes for the car. If I'm just hoping to get a race weekend out of my car, hitting 9's; I wouldn't care so much about long term reliability. If I'm a broke college student, as are 90% of these members, I would want something I can reliably drive until a couple years out of college.
Asking what the best part, or combination of parts is like asking a guy what the perfect size for tits is.. I think bigger is better, but not everyone will share my point of view.. I assume cuz they're faggots and flat chests are more masculine

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Gallo 12 has lower compression though. Gallo 24 will cost an arm and a leg, maybe a nut.
But it's got the three stage variable valve timing and bigger injectors to handle the massive amounts of NOS you should be pushing through it. Not to mention it's an instant girl getter

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
But it's got the three stage variable valve timing and bigger injectors to handle the massive amounts of NOS you should be pushing through it. Not to mention it's an instant girl getter
Nos is for pussies and Republicans ... real men run direct urine/semen injection.