Best Motor Swap Store

santi826

I am in the market for probably a 96-97 spec B18CR to put into my newly purchased 97 GSR I've heard of this website hmotorsonline that my friend has bought from but i found some on Password JDM too Just want to know if anyone has had any luck with good engines from other websites. thanks!

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I would suggest finding a local import shop. Buying engines online could be sketchy. A lot of problems with parts and honoring warranties. Some sites say that they warranty their motors against all mechanical defects but won't honor the warranty if the motor has been started. Reason being that you could have been the reason for the "mechanical failure" and have no way of proving it was like that before you turned it on. It's lame.

Don't get me wrong, there are sites out there that are great for engines and are really good about warranties and actually selling engines that work, I just don't really know any because I'd rather go to a shop locally and take a look at the engine before buying it.

Hope this helps a bit.

santi826

yeah^ its always good to find a god local shop, but hmotorsonline is popular
Yeah thats what i keep hearing but hey Tam4511 do you know any good shops up there in dallas? im currently deployed but our year is over here in the next week or so so ill be back in fort hood shortly! I plan on putting all the engine in myself with my friends in our garage and i just dont want to have a bad engine and then get blamed that i installed it wrong and not by a professional. One of my friends used to be ASE certified and all he wants is a case of beer and i have other very knowledgeable with hondas i've just heard about a few issues with type-r engines from hmotors and i saw that passwordjdm sold them too and that they compression tested them and leak tested as well. PM me so i can tell you about my build to get your thoughts!:twisted:

David.95LS

Delwarian
i just bought a jdm b20b from Japenese Engine Import in Sterling, VA and the service there was amazing, and i believe they have good warranties, there website is www.JapeneseEngineImport.com but its not really updated, but if you give them a call they will hook you up.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I checked out the hmotorsonline site and very first picture is a fail.

This is not a JDM engine but says it's a B18C

If you are going to ask how I know it's not JDM without looking at the VIN, USDM engines have:

DOHC
VTEC

JDM has:

DOHC
VTEC

I don't know if you would get that, not the best explination but JDM engines have the VTEC in bigger text, USDM has DOHC in bigger text. The only way it could be JDM is if the valve cover was damaged so they replaced it with a USDM one.

The rest of the site looks good though.