Best place for sub to sit?

XxCaryxX

So i did my rear seat delete blah blah balh crap. Now my acoustics are fucked via the subwoofer.

Sorry for crappy, i dont own a camera and dont have any friends that live close. SO i took em with my gf's phone.

So, as far as acoustics go, what is best palce for sub to sit and sound at least halfway decent?

Btw, cheap Sony headunit and speakers from walmart but the sub is a Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 1 in a RF punch box powered by a MTX 200 watt amp.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
well i dont know about with a rear seat delete but when i redo my stereo im taking the rear decklid out and facing my 2 Type R 12's up towards the rear window.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
if anything the acoustics should be better now, if i were you i would just put a ported box in the rear, or right behind the 2 front seats.

I have my 1 fozgate in a box (not ported) facing up against the glass pushed back as far as I can against the tail lights :)

XxCaryxX

i can build a computer from the ground up but once the internet is involved im a noob

XxCaryxX

Ok, so i got the back of the box against the taillights like Dave, but i have the sub facing the front of the car and it sounds MUCH better! Thanks everyone!

<3

No homo...

Unless you want homo?!!?

J/k!

XxCaryxX

i know, i did the same but didnt put the box on its back and instead faced the sub toward the seats but i the same spot you put yours. Sounds MUCH better than it did behind my seat lol. Now if i could just figure out how to mount it. I guess the "L" brackets and some screws...

hiimdavidchan

so are there any advantages of the sub facing the rear or up? I have mine facing the rear right now but id have a little more piece of mind if I face it upwards since im always scared of the sub hitting the back and breaking while driving.

well the idea is with the sub facing up the sound will bounce off the glass and resonate though the car which should give u a harder sound and beat. make the drive feel better

corona88

you realize that now since youve deleted the rear seats if you were to slam on your brakes or get in a frontal wreck the momentum will lanuch the sub forward and hit the passenger or driver, might not be the biggest thing you have to worry about but it is a concern....at least to me it would.