Best shocks to go with H&R Sport Springs

Gerardo91104

So I been looking around the web searching and I finally have the springs I want and they are H&R Sport Springs. It gives it a nice drop and I heard pretty good things about it. Now I also want to get new shocks for it but I'm not sure which ones would go best with them for a smooth ride. I narrowed it down to these so which one do you guys think are the best

H&R Sport Springs with

KYB AGX or Koni Yellow or Tokico Illumina.

I seen some people add these springs with Tokico HP but I heard that those shocks won't handle the drop

So any help would be much appreciated. If it helps I have a 95 Integra. I seen pics on how it rides with those springs but if you have any that would be great :)

99TegLs

koni yellow is a favorite among these people ;) Although IMO if you're going to dish out money for all new shocks and springs, why not just get full coils? Have you ever considered coilovers?

Gerardo91104

Yeah I have considered coilovers but like they still run 700+ no?

My friend is going to hook me up with the springs I just need to get the shocks which I can get for around 500

99TegLs

well are you going to be tracking your car (autocross/ drag)? If not, there are plenty of options for coilovers that will be under 700 and some even under 600. You should look into it. although Koni Yellows with Ground Control Coils are still the favorite of many around here because both hold a lifetime warranty. Check out your options! Seems like your budget will allow for it

99TegLs

One's worth getting I couldn't be quite sure, but they would all be around the same price to be perfectly honest. If you want to just lower your car and keep an almost stock ride, I would look into Function & Form F2 Type 1's. They're great if your car is just a daily driver. I would go as far to even say practically perfect.

Gerardo91104

I seen alot of people say ask Mitch for the F&F1 that he gets them for a good price. If I got those would I need to get anything else?

XjoEnX

Rule out KYB. I have H&R sports with them installed for a little over a year now and they're starting to show signs of the ricer spring cutters bounce. I would get Koni's. I had them on my old GSR with Comptech springs for years and it drove smooth up until the day it was sold.

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
^^agreed! not to mention that with h&R sport spring on kyb the warranty on kyb shocks are voided. the warranty only states up to 1.5" drop, learned that the hard way. koni yellows ftw!

royce619

Yeah I have considered coilovers but like they still run 700+ no?

My friend is going to hook me up with the springs I just need to get the shocks which I can get for around 500
I just got my Function & Form type 1 coilovers today . I paid 550 to Mitch (thenoxus1) & they are sooooooooooooooo nice. i love them, btw im slammed ..