Best struts?

awright3331

G1 TEG
Apparantly our tegs are all struts on all 4 wheels, what are the best ones for a person on a low income budget?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
lol color coordinating your suspension?

Blues, or the entry level koni are good choices, KYB or AGX also

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
This is funny, your going to allow color to dictate (or influence) your decions for performance parts. Dude i have a white car with *minor* black/red accents, and rocking green coilovers and purplish extended top hats. Who gives a s*** what color they are, i know your low-budget but still.

Sent from my DC4

Last edited:

enoch723

The back is actually struts with coils.. the front is struts with torsion bars. I went with monroes sealed struts for the front and tockiko blues in the back with new springs. Still handles like dog crap cause of the torsion bars. I would actually recommend doing a front struts and spring conversion and just throwing toki blues on all 4.

Or just do what I did and get a 3g civic and swap the engine, transmission, and back axle out of the integra and into the civic. I could go into complete detail of my build in my civic, but to make a short story, I had a LOT easier time modifying EVERYTHING in the civic.

awright3331

G1 TEG
Idc about modding i just need new struts gonna get cv axles, tie rods, and control arms as well. Getting new tires soon, hopefully that will fix the shaking when i get to 60 mph and above also a front end alignment as well

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
If you're just looking for stock replacements get the KYB GR2. They're acceptable and priced well. If you want performance struts, Konis or Bilsteins are by far the best. Just look up some shock dynos and class win records on 'em for proof ;)

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Idc about modding i just need new struts gonna get cv axles, tie rods, and control arms as well. Getting new tires soon, hopefully that will fix the shaking when i get to 60 mph and above also a front end alignment as well

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD
I think unbalanced wheels would cause this, commonly. And shitty/worn tires.

Sent from my DC4

awright3331

G1 TEG
I think unbalanced wheels would cause this, commonly. And s***ty/worn tires.

Sent from my DC4
yeah, unbalanced and worn tires can cause that, which is why on the first im getting my rear tires replaced, my front tires have already been replaced and that greatly reduced it. Got a friend with discount tire who can do 50 a piece for 185/60R14 for my teg

awright3331

G1 TEG
Changing the rears wont affect the shaking in the steering wheel...

Sent from my DC4
Then what else could it be, I have a mismatched tire size on the back right, its bigger then the back left, could it be lug nuts, or maybe even the fact that my cv axles pop when I turn? the only thing I can think of is a bent rim in the front and i dont have a bent rim, never hit a curb ever.