Big bore throttle body with supercharger?

Chappy

So this may be a noob question so forgive me in advance...but I just realized that I still have my stock throttle body on my JRSC and I figured that a big bore throttle body would enable more air to get into the manifold. But I have looked around for a few days now and I cant find out whether that is what people do or not.
So my question is...would be be better to run with a big bore throttle body on a JRSC? (Im guessing it would be...)

Thanks in advance

P.S. My Omni Coilovers come tomorrow and I am installing them Saturday and by installing them I mean slamming the shit out of my teg...haha :twisted:
I will get pics up as soon as I am done.

spooledu24

it would help but not enough to notice. the jrsc was designed with the stock TB and will put out the same amount of boost. you can get a stepped TB which is tapered and that acts like a venturi and will actually increase velocity and condence the air. and by condencing the air you make it cooler so you get colder and faster air going to the supercharger. hope that helped

Chappy

it would help but not enough to notice. the jrsc was designed with the stock TB and will put out the same amount of boost. you can get a stepped TB which is tapered and that acts like a venturi and will actually increase velocity and condence the air. and by condencing the air you make it cooler so you get colder and faster air going to the supercharger. hope that helped
Thats exactly what I needed to know. Thanks man.

slowintegra1661

on a supercharger, you will gain some hp by upping the throtlte body, but IMO, it would not be worth the money. you should match your throttle body to the size of your intake/charge piping (turbo application) in forced induction applications. for example, if you have a 2.75" intake and are supercharged, a 70mm throttle body would be appropriate. the gains would not be noticed unless you port matched it to the jackson racing manifold though