Big Drug Bust Chicago

JGvtec

The wonderful place that i am from, well outside of Chicago that is.

Im sure all of you pot smokers are drooling right now. :nono:

I laugh at you all. ;) :rolf:

Feds seize 11 tons of pot in 6 railroad cars
December 16, 2010 4:43 PM | 5 Comments | UPDATED STORY
Seven people have been arrested after nearly 11 tons of marijuana was found packed into six railroad cars from Mexico in what could be the largest pot seizure in the Chicago area.

The marijuana was found at a south suburban warehouse this month, according to the U.S. attorney's office, which valued the pot at $22 million.

The arrests were announced the same day that a south suburban family, in a separate case, were charged with running a large pot growing operation out of their home.

Sacks of marijuana federal and state investigators found in a Chicago Heights warehouse. Seven men were charged today after authorities seized nearly 11 tons of marijuana transported last month from Mexico in six rail cars -- one of the largest illegal drug busts in Chicago-area history. The men were jailed after appearances in U.S. District Court on charges of conspiracy to possess and distribute marijuana, a crime punishable by up to life in prison and a $4 million fine. (U.S. attorney's office photo)

The warehouse raid came after Customs agents in Eagle Pass, Texas came across a Union Pacific train bound for Chicago Heights carrying about 21,800 pounds of suspected marijuana, the office said.

The agents "observed a number of large bundled packages, referred to as 'super sacks,' in six cars on the train, the office said.

The agents opened one of the sacks and saw "13 cubic bundles, which were encrusted in a thick layer of fine red masonry pigment dust." Tests showed the packages all contained marijuana, the U.S. attorney's office said.

Shipping documents claimed the sacks contained titanium ore sent by Comercializadora De Minerale, a company in Jalisco, Mexico, and were bound for Earth Minerals Corp. in Rockdale, just south of Joliet.

The packages were resealed and the railroad delivered them to a warehouse in the 1200 block of South State Road in Chicago Heights, according to the office.

One of the suspects, Carlos Osvaldo Quintero, spoke to a Union Pacific employee several times about the delivery, the office said. From Dec. 6 through Dec. 10, the rail cars were unloaded by forklifts to a storage facility next to the warehouse, the office said.

Agents said they did not observe any marijuana being removed from the storage facility before the arrests.

Charged with conspiracy to possess and distribute marijuana were: Quintero, also known as "Carlos Gomez" and "Miguel Dominguez," 31; his father, Martin Quintero, 63; Felipe de Jesus Magana-Campos, also known as "Padrino," 47; Eduardo Angel Zalayaran-Ruiz, also known as "Other Inge," 54; Javier Vera, also known as "Ducky," 24; Christian Gonzalez, 24; and Miguel Cordova, 20.

The charge carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison and a maximum of life imprisonment and a $4 million fine.

Mayor Richard Daley today said large marijuana busts like those in Chicago Heights and unincorporated Tinley Park are not going to make an appreciable dent in the flow of the drug into Chicago.

"Every day there's pot coming to Chicago," Daley said at a City Hall news conference to announce he has created an advisory committee to recommend how to turn the former Michael Reese Hospital site into a technology park. "America loves pot, they love drugs, they love guns. Every day, you could write headlines every day. And every day Chicago police make an arrest, in a home, in a car."

Even large busts won't change much, he said.

"There's so much coming in," Daley said."Both we have home-grown pot, and we have pot from foreign countries."

-- Staff report

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
honestly, i'd be happy to sell pot/crack/etc. as long as i don't get shot or caught.

because i know i'd never do it even if i am around it everyday..like i already am.

money is money.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Occasionally I'll still bust out the bong from my college days and let her rip, hear about shit like this everyday, funny how they didn't get caught till Chicago.