Big manual transmission problem!

gsr_boarder

I just had some unfortunate mishap happen to me....my tranny is a little stiff and and its a short shift so when i went to hit 4th....i hit 2nd and hit right around 10k im gettin it taken to a machine shop soon but i was wondring if anybody knows what might have happened whether the springs r done or i bent valves, im hopin i didn't warp any pistons or rods...if somebody could gimme an idea i'de be greatful....

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Theres a couple things that could have went wrong. Couldve done somthing to the transmission, or something to the head. Possible spun bearing, sometimes that will shoot a rod through the block. My friend took his ITR to about 9k and snapped a valve, that wasnt a pretty head after that. The only way you will find out whats wrong is to get it apart.

gsr_boarder

Ominous G2 said:
Theres a couple things that could have went wrong. Couldve done somthing to the transmission, or something to the head. Possible spun bearing, sometimes that will shoot a rod through the block. My friend took his ITR to about 9k and snapped a valve, that wasnt a pretty head after that. The only way you will find out whats wrong is to get it apart.
...yeah i was figuring my transmission is gonna have some problems with it but my engine i know is messed up...when i got home it was knocking so i know i did somethin pretty bad to it...im crossin my fingers...thanks for the post

1991TeGgY Ls

can u do that by taking a car to the redline and letting the computer shut it off? rev limiter? does that fuk ur car up ?

BoostedITR41

1991TeGgY Ls said:
can u do that by taking a car to the redline and letting the computer shut it off? rev limiter? does that fuk ur car up ?

it isn't a great idea to to that a lot

if you drove it while it knocked and you spun a bearing you are pretty much screwed. align bores can only fix so much damage to the crank journals

gsr_boarder

BoostedITR41 said:
it isn't a great idea to to that a lot

if you drove it while it knocked and you spun a bearing you are pretty much screwed. align bores can only fix so much damage to the crank journals
i drove it and the range up to 3500 rpms sounded fine but the idle was bad and past that was horrible i kept it low and in neutral when i could to get it home, im hoping i dont have to get a new engine

BoostedITR41

gsr_boarder said:
i drove it and the range up to 3500 rpms sounded fine but the idle was bad and past that was horrible i kept it low and in neutral when i could to get it home, im hoping i dont have to get a new engine

if you didn't kill it and get it towed and it was a rod bearing you are done. just order the motor now. I have seen motors that have been shut down on oil pump failure as soon as the light came on and they crank and block were totally junk.

drain the oil. if there is ANY bronze flakes in the drained stuff just order a long block unless you got real lucky

gsr_boarder

BoostedITR41 said:
if you didn't kill it and get it towed and it was a rod bearing you are done. just order the motor now. I have seen motors that have been shut down on oil pump failure as soon as the light came on and they crank and block were totally junk.

drain the oil. if there is ANY bronze flakes in the drained stuff just order a long block unless you got real lucky
thats why im hopin....for all i know it could have been some bent valves and some broken springs because it wasn't a hard knock on the engine and it started up nothin i can really do until i get the call from the shop tomorrow...thanks for the advice

1991TeGgY Ls

lol u wanna hear a fucked up story? the other day i went ot go get my timing belt done along with some other shit...so i go pick my car up...pay the mechanic the money drive off....as im driving i notice my car is unusually loud so as the rpms climb my car sounds like it has fucking VTEC waaa waaa like that shit sounded pretty bad ass so i take it further only to notice i cant fucking even get past 5k rpms so i go back im like wat the fuck did u do to my car man this shit aint pullin at all its just really loud....so im like u best be fixing my shit rite now mother fuker....so he pulls my car in and tells me he skipped a bar in the timing or some shit neway he fixed it and my car is strong as fuck once again but lets not forget to mention i could of blown my fucking motor ASSHOLE!!!!!!

gsr_boarder

1991TeGgY Ls said:
lol u wanna hear a fucked up story? the other day i went ot go get my timing belt done along with some other shit...so i go pick my car up...pay the mechanic the money drive off....as im driving i notice my car is unusually loud so as the rpms climb my car sounds like it has fucking VTEC waaa waaa like that shit sounded pretty bad ass so i take it further only to notice i cant fucking even get past 5k rpms so i go back im like wat the fuck did u do to my car man this shit aint pullin at all its just really loud....so im like u best be fixing my shit rite now mother fuker....so he pulls my car in and tells me he skipped a bar in the timing or some shit neway he fixed it and my car is strong as fuck once again but lets not forget to mention i could of blown my fucking motor ASSHOLE!!!!!!
what a dumbass....and i ask myself the question why do we pay these ppl so much damn money to fix our cars....? that could've been bad man...these guys at a machine shop seem to know what they're doin so im hopin they dont do any of that shit

gsr_boarder

Does anybody know if there is necessarily transmission damage with a bad over rev. because 2nd gear jumped to 10 k but when i was shifting to get home the tranny wasn't fucking up.....?

BoostedITR41

gsr_boarder said:
Does anybody know if there is necessarily transmission damage with a bad over rev. because 2nd gear jumped to 10 k but when i was shifting to get home the tranny wasn't fucking up.....?

doubtful anything happened to the tranny. it is most likely a valve, bearing, or the T belt jumped 1/some teeth