big problem

aquamann87

so i just installed a skunk2 intake manifold, skunk2 fuel rail, and omni throttle body on my 01 gsr. while we were taking the stock parts off we ripped the knock sensor off. now my car won't stay on. it starts and runs really rough for like 5 seconds and then dies. i'm not sure why it's doing this. does a knock sensor disable the car from running? or what else can be the problem?

aquamann87

yea we got it put back in and somethings were different but it worked out. so i'm not sure what the problem is.

xFamousTeggy17x

if you replaced the throttle body i would try adjusting the throttle while the car is running it will cause your rpms to be off and will make the car run rough and then die cause its not idling right. i would start there and rule that out before anything

mirrorimg

Probably got a couple plugs mixed up. IIRC two plugs are identical and are easy to hook up incorrectly.

Throwing any codes?

aquamann87

it won't even startanymore so that's out of the question. oh and no there are no codes. i'm so frustrated lol

xFamousTeggy17x

wow i would be frustrated to....umm check and make sure your getting fuel and if you tried to start it alot you could have made to much fuel come up so you will have to wait for it to dry up before it will start again...its hard to say exactly with not seeing the car but i would start there if you have not already checked that

aquamann87

wow i would be frustrated to....umm check and make sure your getting fuel and if you tried to start it alot you could have made to much fuel come up so you will have to wait for it to dry up before it will start again...its hard to say exactly with not seeing the car but i would start there if you have not already checked that
well i tried it again this morning and it started for like 2 seconds and then died and won't start again. it really wants to start though. i'm not sure what the problem is but i want to drive it to dallas this weekend for the car show so i'm just taking it to the acura dealership to get it fixed.

aquamann87

Probably got a couple plugs mixed up. IIRC two plugs are identical and are easy to hook up incorrectly.

Throwing any codes?
there are no codes the check engine light isn't even on anymore...but i did swithch the plugs and still no luck.

aquamann87

so i just got my car back from the acura dealership and spent $696 and now my car is running but now i have more problems. my vtec won't engage properly and my car is eating fuel like nobodys business. i went to autozone and it threw p0112: IAT sensor 1 Circuit Low input and p0122: TPS sensor low input. would those be the reason why vtec isn't responding properly and eating fuel?

95project_GS-R

the throttle code could be if its not caliberated right it could be sending the wrong voltage and make the car think its open or closed more than it is.

there are 2 screws holding the tps on , you loosen them a little and turn it to adjust. I believe you have to use a multimeter to do it if you don't have a standalone. Just get a book on your car it's all in there. also the iat is pretty delicate if you dropped it while doing your swap that's definately gonna make it an issue

aquamann87

there are 2 screws holding the tps on , you loosen them a little and turn it to adjust. I believe you have to use a multimeter to do it if you don't have a standalone. Just get a book on your car it's all in there. also the iat is pretty delicate if you dropped it while doing your swap that's definately gonna make it an issue
thanks i'll give it a try