Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I don't have a big butt lol. So I order to have my but comfortable, I have to arch my back. I might cut a hole in my seat so my jewels feel better haha.

R13

The other asshole
Just get a thicker seat :lol: Corbin I believe makes good ones.

You could fuck up your back bad if you got rear ended and your back was arched.

Also never have your elbows locked.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
So riding to work today I realized that I actually dont arch my back that much, but instead, put a lot of pressure on my gooch by leaning forward, which makes my dick numb and I dont like that. :lol:

I also have my elbows locked a lot.. so much of my weight is in my upper body. It's pretty annoying to have to hold myself up, especially on a long ride. I'm only 6' 1".. How do you do it?

Also, I could probably work out my lower back more. lol

94RS

No fucks given.
"only 6'1"

Oh the struggle... :roll: I can barely flatfoot a Super Cub, stop your bitching.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I'm 6'4"

Get like a 10-20lb dumbbell and do shoulder lateral raises then put like 20-30lbs of stuff in a backpack and do pushups if you're having trouble.

Tricep, Back and shoulder muscles are the main thing.

What I do (Did before I sold my bike, I also lift weights now.) Is all mental, I always mind my riding form, I rode with improper form for about a month then I learned about "proper" riding form and from there forced myself to do it right.

It's like riding boots, I used to HATE how stiff they were, Now I refuse to ride without them, The support and protection gives me a huge confidence boost.

But again, I'm a racer, I'm all about doing it "right" not comfortable, I guess I find comfort in doing it right. o_O

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I'm 6'4"

Get like a 10-20lb dumbbell and do shoulder lateral raises then put like 20-30lbs of stuff in a backpack and do pushups if you're having trouble.

Tricep, Back and shoulder muscles are the main thing.

What I do (Did before I sold my bike, I also lift weights now.) Is all mental, I always mind my riding form, I rode with improper form for about a month then I learned about "proper" riding form and from there forced myself to do it right.

It's like riding boots, I used to HATE how stiff they were, Now I refuse to ride without them, The support and protection gives me a huge confidence boost.

But again, I'm a racer, I'm all about doing it "right" not comfortable, I guess I find comfort in doing it right. o_O
Haha totally makes sense man. Im going to have to start doing all that, Getting a membership to a gym tomorrow hopefully :D. I do need to work on my form, I'll have to keep track of myself from now on!

R13

The other asshole
"only 6'1"
:lol:

These are some decent examples, Too lazy to dig for good ones, These first 2 are track form, Might be useful in the twisties.

This guy's from the RC forums and honestly, He has the best track form I've seen from what little of the track scene in the US I've seen but I mostly follow the European scene because it's bigger.

Guy on the Repsol has a good road posture/form

Aaaaaand lastly this is not a good form, See a lot of young guys and (Hehe) girls riding this way.

Locked elbows, Arched back.

Only do this if you're posing for a sexy picture on your bf's bike. :lol:

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Should you have your back like you would if you were sitting straight up in a chair?

Also, I might meet some local guys for a cruise through the twisties tomorrow morning, it really depends how much alcohol I consume tonight :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Sit like this, Perhaps not as far back but the same positioning.

I've made a thingy for you. :lol:

Red part indicates where the inside of your thighs go, Slide as far back on that as you can until the seat fits in between them without cutting into them, Blue part is where your ass bone goes, There's a reason it's wider than the center and the white part is just dick space, Adjust according to size. :mrgreen:

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Hahahaha thanks man. The only problem when I sit further back, is i have to lean more forward, which makes my arms strain. errr Ill have to see what I can do riding home from work tonight.

R13

The other asshole
Upper body strength, It's important.

Gauntlet gloves will give you a little better wrist support so they hurt less.

Don't expect it to be an overnight thing, It will take time, Just mind it and adjust as much as you can and it will come natural on its own. :thumbs up

Oh and adjust your bars, I see a ton of people with the factory bar positioning and in my experience it's always shit.