Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Started looking at exhausts again out of boredom :rolf:

Originally wanted to go with this:

But realistically, over $1000 for a pipe shipped from the other side of the world is f***ing crazy. Especially considering I'd still have to get a programmable ECM.

A guy in St. Louis builds exhausts for all Buells and EBR's has a similar design...

But it's his other XB pipe is the one I'm interested in

Doesn't sound bad either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OngTXKJbZfs&t=20s

I could get that one, plus ceramic coating (like the one in the pic) and the bracket he makes to retain the chin fairing for probably $650.... I'm supposed to be looking for somewhere to live :rolf:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Let's be real... you can only make a pushrod vtwin like that either sound like as assclapper, or and ass clapping under a thick blanket. :lol:

I wouldn't pay $650 for a magnaflow car muffler, it looks too redneck.

94RS

No fucks given.
Most of that price is the added tips so you won't melt your tire, ceramic coating, custom J-pipe, etc. I could go buy the same muffler for like $80, but I couldn't put the shit together myself :rolf:

Assclapper or not, that Magnaflow is good for a 10% increase with a tune. I've seen a dyno chart of an XB12 going from 89whp/90lb ft to 98whp/99lb ft with the same setup.

At least with a Buell, the bike will be long gone by the time it hits 3rd gear.... Unlike most HD's that still wouldn't have passed where you're standing :rolf:

If you really wanna hear an assclapper on a Buell, look up any of the modded stock pipes, or the D&D pipe.... That fucker is obnoxiously loud

R13

The other asshole
I know :lol:

I just feel like you could get something nicer for $650, but then again it is a dual outlet whereas I'm guessing most aftermarket mufflers are single?

94RS

No fucks given.
Majority of the pipes are dual outlet or dual canister. Only a handful I know of are single, like those retarded reverse exits, Jardine and Drummer (modded stock).

But used factory race pipes go for crack price now, nearly everything besides Jardine or a modded stock pipe is about the same price :lol:

Jardine - $380 and needs to be re-packed every 6k or so

D&D - $630

Hawk - $195 modded stock.

Special OPS - $275 modded stock

Drummer - $400 modded stock

Factory race pipe, discontinued but used ones still floating around for ~600

Sebring/Remus - $900 + shipping from Europe.

GPR reverse - ~600

94RS

No fucks given.
It might be alright on a race bike, but it just looks stupid in a street bike. And you lose the chin fairing.

R13

The other asshole
Upon closer inspection the rotors are rusty, and the "GP" exhaust is the stock system with the muffler removed. :smackself:

R13

The other asshole
Got all but 5 valves adjusted. Need 4 1.55mm shims, and 1 1.50mm. Just gonna order them through Amazon.

I would go down to the dealership and trade them some shims for the 5 I need, but they relocated all of the bike shops 35 miles away which costs too damn much in gas when I might get there and they refuse to trade me.

This bike is on its last valve adjustment though... I'm down to the thinner shims, they only go down to 1.30mm, then it needs new valves.

Still should be good for 12k-20k more miles, which is more than I'll put on it before I sell it.