Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Makes sense, seeing as that's obviously the motto that douchey neighbor of mine lives by... :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Fixed my ground wire earlier so I don't have to touch it to the valve cover every time I start the bike, and of course, one thing after another..... :smackself:

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm about ready to send it on it's maiden voyage to the bottom of the lake in front of my house....

R13

The other asshole
All it takes is one dumb azz to run a red light, drive while intoxicated, not see you and run you off the road...etc.
So unfortunately, it has nothing to do with how good you can ride, there will be idiots in cages.
Yep, All you can do is keep your eyes sharp and trust your instinct.

This is one situation though where people think it's game over every time, Sometimes yes, If another car is behind them, They do this closer to you but.. Being a former competition rider especially in motox where there's piles ups usually in the first corner I have a reflex that has a strong potential to save me in these situations.

[YOUTUBE="gsxr crash"]rvVouuH4tLQ[/YOUTUBE]

Now, I've saved myself from this in my teg on two occasions, I spoke to this guy briefly over twitter and he even admitted that he had time to brake but his brakes obviously weren't able to save him at that point but he agreed had he shot right (Behind the car) He could have avoided this, As I previously said if there's oncoming traffic behind the car.. You're done but in his case and my two cases either there wasn't or it was at an intersection where you could go around and not throw yourself into oncoming traffic, So basically just dodge just not in the direction the other vehicle is moving.

You still need to keep a sharp eye, You could hurt innocent people doing it though, It all happens really fast, For some people including me I gain clarity, Almost as if time slows so I have time to decide if dodging is gonna get other people hurt for others, Dying/getting seriously injured is never ideal but killing others on the road is worse so you have to make a decision, Sadly a lot of people aren't able to and in turn many believe no one can which is fine, Getting on a bike is every persons own decision and we understand the risks.

It's late so hopefully all that's legible...

Another thing to take into account is the vehicle you're about to hit :scurred:

If you look there was a little girl in that car, He hit the door behind her but had he hit her door... Yeah.

Ironically I'll probably die on bike :lol: but I've kept myself alive on two wheels since I was 5 on dirt & mx bikes, I DD'd my cbr from 17 to 20 1/2 and I know plenty of people who have ridden bikes daily since a young age because that's all they could afford 2 of which are getting into their 40s and still riding daily, They're still alive and well so it is possible to survive, But f*** who knows, All three of us have a history of serious competitive racing so maybe that has something to do with it.

Edit: Can't believe I just typed all that s*** out^ :lol:

Last edited:

2kdb7

Quick dumb question I have a 12v 9amp battery for my bike and a charger that does 12v 2a or 6a which is the best setting to put it on I googled and just got different places to by the battery and charger lol

R13

The other asshole
Depending on how many miles are on the bike and what he was doing when it died it was probably just time.

Stators burn out arond 15k miles quite often and if this bike sees a decent amount of high rpms the hot engine oil will burn it out, It happens.

I'm still damn jealous of that bike... Want mine already.

Sent from my toaster

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Jumped it with my running teg.. I didn't know :cry:

Also fried the rectifier, has 2 cracks in it now.. Replacing them tomorrow and will hopefully be road worthy again!

R13

The other asshole
Want another integra? :lol: I can't find a clean k6-k7 for less than 6.5k for shit around here. :cry:

Sent from my toaster

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Depending on how many miles are on the bike and what he was doing when it died it was probably just time.

Stators burn out arond 15k miles quite often and if this bike sees a decent amount of high rpms the hot engine oil will burn it out, It happens.

I'm still damn jealous of that bike... Want mine already.

Sent from my toaster
The sad part is the rest of the coils looks perfect. I don't think the stator would have gone out for a whiiiiile.. Damn my noobness. Figured 12v was 12v haha. $340 lesson..

Yeah it's my dream bike :D. Just sold my SV650s to my best friend too, keeping it in the family haha.