Black brake rotors?

bradster101

I remember seeing them somewhere but now I cant find them. So if anyone has a link for me that would be great.

2 more questions
1. What pads would you guys recommend? (possible link)
2. And what brake fluid should I use? Im planning on bleeding the whole system out and putting new stuff in

Afireinside

Never seen an all black rotor! Some have the "hat painted black! Any dot 3-4 fluid will be fine! Dont use dot 5 unless you do a COMPLETE fluid flush!
Pads can vary by opinion!
Good luck

bradster101

Im going to do a complete flush... and yea there are way too many pads out there to make it an easy decision lol

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
get some ceramic pads they last longer and black rotors??? ive seem some sick gold one before

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Be careful with all ceramic or higher performance pads. If you do not "drive it like you stole it" 80% of the time, pad material will build up unevenly on the rotor and can shake like it is warped and needs to be turned.

I went through this experience the hard way and turned my rotors twice before figuring out what was really going on.

Here is an interesting article talking about it further.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

Good luck

OLDSKOOLACURA

^ i just read that (good read), my motorcycle has that feel when i'm coming to a stop (on off on off). even with new pads, i use the brakes hard (hard braking well over 100mph) and if you look at the rotors they look slightly warped. i bought the bike brand new over 4 years ago and now have 40k miles on it (2006 ninja 636), it started happening around 25k-30k miles and it was about time to change pads (again) so i bought some new OEM pads and it seemed to help for awhile then it came back. it only does it when im coming to a stop 30mph and less, also it's a 4 piston caliper if that helps.

also i've always used OEM pads, only once did i use double H pads and i hated them. sorry to thread jack

Last edited:

excalibur23

^ i just read that (good read), my motorcycle has that feel when i'm coming to a stop (on off on off). even with new pads, i use the brakes hard (hard braking well over 100mph) and if you look at the rotors they look slightly warped. i bought the bike brand new over 4 years ago and now have 40k miles on it (2006 ninja 636), it started happening around 25k-30k miles and it was about time to change pads (again) so i bought some new OEM pads and it seemed to help for awhile then it came back. it only does it when im coming to a stop 30mph and less, also it's a 4 piston caliper if that helps.

also i've always used OEM pads, only once did i use double H pads and i hated them. sorry to thread jack
Get new rotors & upgrade ur brake lines & calipers to nissin's from (07-09 zx6r, 06-09 zx14). I own a kawi (03zx6r)

OLDSKOOLACURA

Get new rotors & upgrade ur brake lines & calipers to nissin's from (07-09 zx6r, 06-09 zx14). I own a kawi (03zx6r)
i have stainless steel lines (now). i know the zx14 are bigger (buddy has them on his stunt bike), what is the difference with the 07-09 zx6r?

thanks