black powder!!

NATES98dc4LSV

THE pRO-nATER
Hi I have an 98 dc4 lsv and i noticed these last few weeks black powdery stuff all over the passenger side of my tegg on the rear that is and its been idling really low 650 rpm 580rpm~ when i rev it up the needle drops fast and barely saves its self sometimes all ym vacume line are good and catch can was just clean out and re-installed correctly...plugs were just done denso's i pulled them tho and i noticed the ground electrod look a lil gold. I pulled up common reasons why and there was one that said high speed glazing that i should run a colder plug is this a reason im just running the denso plugs for a b16a what should i do? could this be a O2 going bad?

I'd get some OEM NGK plugs and see if that helps, then go from there. Spark plugs are a cheap thing to rule out as the problem.

NATES98dc4LSV

THE pRO-nATER
ok....but what about the smoke i think it may be rings has anyone in here ever used any good additvies that help boost compression temporarily until i can do a new set of rings and pistons

Dizzee Rascal

ok....but what about the smoke i think it may be rings has anyone in here ever used any good additvies that help boost compression temporarily until i can do a new set of rings and pistons
:shock:

are you hearing knocking sounds from the motor?

dude it could be you IACV
you're spitting out carbon. are you running a straight exhaust? (assuming you have a 2.5" or something like that)
i used to have a dirty ass stained rear bumper when i was running my straight Spoon exhaust on my Honda Fit
do you have an exhaust leak?
when was the last time you changed oil?
was the LSV tuned?

NATES98dc4LSV

THE pRO-nATER
no knocks except for the lmas lol, and if it was my IACV wouldnt my idle bounce, i am running a type r header with all stainless 2.5" piping mandrel bent out the back with a resonator and greddy evo 2 axel back, i may possibly have an exhaust leak not quite sure where it would be rite now just a mild ticking from the leak, and oil was changed last weekend, and no its tuned on a chipped p28 with that fucked up skunk2 chip :-/

Dizzee Rascal

yeah so it could be your tune or your plugs making the car run like crap

i'd rule the pistons out for sure (that's assuming the build went without any corners cut)

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
the black dust could just be vtec dust... but if its excessive there is probably a problem

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
you could try changing your fuel filter and see if that helps....it made myne idle alot better when i changed myne