blew the motor, ls/vtec?

B18TEG

BLACK DA
well yesterday i was at one of my friends house helping him out putting on coilovers and when we were done he took my car out around the block andcame back. turned off the car, and i wanna say 15 minutes later i leave. so i peel out of first, chirp second and get to a stop sign. i turn left and halfway down the road the car shuts off, i hear a loud thump like something fell out of the car. needless to say the car wouldnt crank, we tried pushstarting it, i had a faulty battery and gave it a jump and no go. my friend thinks i threw a bearing, if thats the case and i gotta do engine work i wanna go ls/vtec. granted its alot sooner than i planned but i wanna get 250hp out of it so it can hang with the big boys. what suggestions do you have to get there?

B18TEG

BLACK DA
im trying not to go boost though . .. ill think about it, i can get a new ls head off a 99 for 100 bucks if i need it

Winki

Undercover mod
all motor LS and make 250whp no way whth out a huge shot of N2O.

put it this way the built all motor cars ive seen that are vtec dont put much down more than 200 tops.

Boost is Best.
if you want 250whp all motor start saving for that K swap :D

B18TEG

BLACK DA
Winki said:
all motor LS and make 250whp no way whth out a huge shot of N2O.

put it this way the built all motor cars ive seen that are vtec dont put much down more than 200 tops.

Boost is Best.
if you want 250whp all motor start saving for that K swap :D
lol . . .oh yea k swap in a da . . .lol . .. but w/e i guess i can sacrifice 50 ponies for it. i just want a dependable ride to and from work but with a little kick if i feel the rush

Winki

Undercover mod
well get a vtec head for start so you can go ls/vtec. build the head P&P, valve job, Springs and retainers, and a good set of cams.
then for a fairly cheap bottome end for all motor ITR Rods and CTR pistons you should yeild good CR and make some good power.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
dc2GS-R said:
If you spun a main bearing, you don't have to tear the whole engine apart to fix it.
i just tore it open i bent a valve . . .oops . ..from what i hear though its a common problem. so ls/vtec it is. . .woo hoo

B18TEG

BLACK DA
dc2GS-R said:
No reason not to go LS-VTEC now since you don't wanna go boost.
OH YEAH :thumbs up been doing research and it looks like oem type r pistons and rings with eagle rods is in the near future. i already started working on suspension, so get that out of the way first and then all motor