Block Build

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Alright I curently don't have an Integra but I do have a b18a1 Block and b16 head so I was planning on building a LS/Vtec Turbo build until I get another Integra. Hopefully this build will be going into a gen 3. But here's my problem I want to build the block up for boost but no nothing about Internals I was wondering if you guys here on CI could help me come up with a list of different parts and machine work I need to have done to the block I want it fully built. I plan on making as much power as possible with this build, it will take some time but I plan on buying a little at a time. So if anyone has any info that could help me out to build a b18a1 block let me know any links to sites would be great. Thanks.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Golden Eagle Sleeved Block...get bored out to around 84MM (stock B20 bore)
Forged H-beam rods
Forged Pistons
ARP everything
Eagle Crank
Get the rotating assembly Blueprinted and Balanced

dc2b18

Wait... What?
wouldn't it be smarter to save that money and put it into the car you are going to buy?

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Alright I've been searching and searching but can't find anything but what does all the numbers me like if I send my block to a machine shop to have it bored out and honed what should I tell them. I want to go with 84mm and have it sleeved but was told to bore it out to 20 over I have no clue what that means can someone explain please.

Spody02

Name: Cody
ok so a b18b1 block comes with sleeves which your pistons go up and down in, these sleeves like to crack when going under high boost, when cracks your block goes to poop, but your stock sleeves are at 81mm bore, and to make those sleeves strong you can replace them with aftermarket brand such as a golden eagle and when you order your own sleeves they can come in different bores, 81 and 84 and 89 are the most common

if you still dont understand you can pm me with questions lol

patrick4588

Integra God
honestly, since you dont know what that stuff means, i wouldnt suggest trying to build it yourself. laskey racing will give you a race ready shortblock ready to drop in for 3k. if you are stuck on doing it yourself, follow this list, this is what i bought when i built my motor. if you are going ls/vtec and get a b16 head, i have some b16 head studs for 55 bucks. oh and go with a stock crank, eagles are prone to breaking. there are a bunch of misc gaskets and stuff you will need to. some of those are: oil pump o ring, vtec o ring
ACL Main Bearings
ACL Rod Bearings
ACL Thrust Washers
Sleeved Block
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
ARP Rod Bolts
B&R Block Plug
B&R Block Breather Kit
CP Pistons 9.7:1 With Rings/Pins
Eagle H Beam Rods
Gates Extreme Timing Belt
Golden Eagle HeadGasket
Honda Crank
HondaCrank Pulley
Honda Oil Pan Gasket
Honda Oil Pump
Honda Water Pump Kit

ntensedc4

i would run the golden eagle godzilla sleeves. just aslong you dont run dart sleeves heard bad things about them. thats what i have in my b18b block right now. and im just bought arias pistons and manley rods. all i need is ls crankshaft so i can get it blueprinted. what turbo are you plan on running

patrick4588

Integra God
nothing wrong with it, but it leaves less rebuilds. if you just stayed at 81mm, it has a ton of rebuilds left. which is what i will be doing next time