Blower motor problems...

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So a while back when it was still sort of chilly out in Chicago my blower motor started acting up. Making a slight whistling noise when it was on. After a while of that, it eventually stopped working all together. Now when I turn the dial for the blower to full blast, the engine bogs down a little but nothing comes out. I'm ruling out the relay and thinking the motor needs to be replaced. If this is a good guess, what should I replace along with the motor? I know there is a write up somewhere about this... :oops:

EDIT -- Found the write up on team-integra... So all I need to know is what I should replace :) I don't mind spending a little bit of money either, so anything that will make the air flow great!

Last edited:

kfed

You can replace the seal for the cowelling that is located above the assembly and outside of the car to prevent water from leaking inside the blower assembly. check if the diaphram that's inside the blower assembly is switching as you switch the air input between outside and inside the car. check blower motor resistor with multi-meter for continuity through all speed stages. These some helpful things so you don't have to go back into the assembly.