Blowing smoke out exhaust/window problems

97teg4l

could be bad valve seals. may need to adjust valve lash.
usually when the valve seal goes you dont burn oil... ur talking on the valve cover right? if its up there is wont get past the plugs... but it might be the head gasket or you need new rings

GSRIntegra

I've done a compression test about a month ago and all the cylinders looked good. I just pulled my spark plugs and here is what they look like.

From left to right: 1,2,3,4

Here is a close up of spark plug number 1. The part circled in red is where I see oil. There isn't any oil on any of the other plugs.

Here is a close up of spark plug number 2. It has some crud on and around the electrode/diode (I have no idea what it's called) that isn't on any of the other spark plugs. Is this something to worry about?

Do you think that my oil ring is broken in cylinder number 1? If so, should I just replace all of the rings on the pistons?

Last edited:
if it only smokes when u start the car its prolly just valve stem seals.. what happens is oil passes the seal and gets in the combustion chamber while the car is off.. when u start it u burn that oil up and it smokes for a min.. then clears out...

if it was rings it would smoke all the time...

GSRIntegra

^Thanks a lot. Yeah, it typically only smokes at start up. I'll have someone check that out.

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=productdisplay&inputstate=5&make=Acura&model=INTEGRA&year=2001&version=3DR GS-R (LEATHER)&transmission=KA5MT&section=ENGINE&components=CYLINDER HEAD (2)&submit=submit

Are #4 & #5 the valve stems that I need to purchase?

How many valve stem seals do I need and should I buy enough for all cylinders?

Last edited: