Blown head gasket

Swrules

Any1 have a rough estimate as to what a blown head gasket would run me? much appreciated.

Swrules

you did it yourself? is it overally difficult because if it something that can be accomplished at home with moderate mechanic skills I would like to do that

dc2Remnant

you did it yourself? is it overally difficult because if it something that can be accomplished at home with moderate mechanic skills I would like to do that
it wasnt to difficult just make sure to drain the coolant all the way lol and oil as well and have some boxes/ cardboard ready to keep you parts organized to prevent a mix ups (as to were the parts go/ not changing the wear patter on the rockers)

Thekris

I got somebody to do it for me off craigslist. Cost me 500 for the whole job including parts. he replaced the head gasket, water pump, some seals, and the timing belt.

rockadilla

thats right.
about 600-800 for a shop to do it, about 60 to do it yourself, u could have to have both the head and the block resurfaced if something got effed up

01FTW

Head gasket replacement is moderately easy. It's mainly time consuming if you havent done it before. Just set aside an entire day to get it done and youll be good.

4dr94teg

Old School Tuner
60-70 bucks and 2 hours or so, easy fix, and get a torque wrench. Get a service manual from honda for your car will be the best investment for your car. Save the money and do it yourself.

Swrules

I have a haynes manual would that work because I have never done any major deconstruction/reconstruction on an engine before

NateDaGreat

How did any of you get this done under 8 hours?!? I've spent a good 2 1/2 days and I havent gotten the head off yet. I have all the necessary tools and knowledge. Are there any tips or tricks?

96tegra

Detailer/Mechanic
^ Undo everything from the head. Should take you like an hour and undo the headbolts. Easy stuff man. Pm me if you have any questions.

poordc2

what kind and how much was the torque wench you guys used and had you guys had any problems after the head gasket was replace