Blox stuff any good?

Gs-Rvtec

Are blox good products? they have an intake manny. for like 190 adn there are a few other things i like.

goofygamer

I recently bought their intake manifold. Haven't installed it yet, but looking inside it and all around it, I see that there aren't any fab issues. I won't be able to install it until next year because I didn't know there was so many things I needed for it. I see you have a Gs-R? If it's a 3rd gen integra like mine, you'll be needing to socket your p72 ecu or hop on a chipped p28. I didn't know that, plus I need to get a type-r throttle body cable and bracket to make the installation more clean. Also new studs too since the Blox IM gasket I have may be too thick for the OEM studs. haha real pain in the ass, but I want to take my time and make sure I have everything before I install it and do it right the first time and not half ass it. If your planning to socket your ecu, I suggest you socket it after you finish putting parts in your engine or else, you'll have to resocket it and waste more money.

goofygamer

I didn't know that either. Thought it was just plug and play and I'm off haha. Well you can live without the new studs. I've read that some people were able to fit their Blox/Hondata IM gasket with the OEM studs and others saying the OEM studs are too short. If your planning to reuse or get an OEM Honda gasket, then you can use the OEM studs. The ITR throttle body cable and bracket is just a clean up part. You don't need it. I just want to get it because I don't want my Gs-R TB cable, for lack of a better word, sticking up in the air. People buy it just to make their engine bay look cleaner after install an aftermarket manifold. You can reuse your stock gs-r one. The main thing is the ecu basically. You will have to get it socketed.