Blue Smoke

kidwilson33

If your car is running and after sitting idle for a while, then you see blue smoke when you take off, its probably your valve stem seals, piston rings etc. Unless you are burning oil at an extreme rate, its probaby not going to blow your car up. I also would guess when you first get your oil changed is when you will see more smoke. If you like the car, then it may be a good time to do a TIming belt, water pump, head gasket,.machine the head, piston rings etc..

Get a compression test, ONe thing. if you just want to replace just the valve stem seals, they make an extension specialty tool that allows the removal and changing of them. Will save you dough if you find a good mecanic.

Im not a mechanic by the way. I have owned a 98 integra for 14 years 268,000 ,miles. I know it sounds funny, but changing you oil when you are supposed to and keeping an eye on your levels will go a long way in preserving your seals ets.

Last edited:

PioneerLS

Updating this for future readers when googling and what not. I had changed the PCV valve with one from autozone, no luck. Some guy on reddit said he did the same but then used OEM and it solved it. So i spent $35 on oem PCV valve and im 99% sure it solved it. Haven't seen smoke for a couple days now, and it used to happen all day every day.