Body work

zack11122

As the title says. Body work or engine parts. By body isn't too bad. Has rust on the quarters.. should I get that knocked out or should I start ordering engine parts?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I would atleast sand off the rust and prime and paint it so it doesnt get worse. who cares about the body work until you're ready to paint is what I say, my car has multiple dings and scratches that I dont wanna deal with until I get readt to do and complete the exterior

zack11122

I'll take some pics when I can. It's not horrible. But ill have some money here soon and it can go to either of the 2.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Do the body work before you start ordering engine stuff. Unless that engine stuff is maintenance then take care of that.

zack11122

It's so I can start my na build. I'll do the body work and move from there

Nick_C78

The body rusting away and falling apart is just weight reduction.

On a serious note, I would grind away all the rust and cover it with a good primer and some cheap paint to seal it, for now, just like cborden suggested. Then you can worry about making the engine better.

zack11122

I mean I could do the work with my dad and get it done. But its been negative degrees lately. Paint won't like that.

Nick_C78

Spot paint it and use a heater of some kind(heat gun, blow dryer, etc), to aid in the drying process. Rust only gets worse and spreads. I would cut it off ASAP, regardless of how cold it is.

zack11122

So just cut out the bad parts or would sanding and painting due for now? I dont want to cut and leave holes in the body

Nick_C78

Sand off as much rust as you can. If it is so deep that it is making holes...then you have a whole other set of issues.

Another reason to love California.