bogging problem

01lsturbo

hey guys i need help my car is bogging out!!! it bog's up and down sounds like a weed wacker when im driving... changed out spark plugs still same thing.... anyone got any ideas of what could be causing this??

01lsturbo

well im thinking its my cap cus i have a msd dist. cap and i can see sparks on the wire for cyclinder 3 but for the other wires there is no sparking going on there. is there suppose to be sparks sparking in the dist. cap??

01lsturbo

okay so i cleaned off the distributor cap with sand paper and it came off but when i started it back up it still the same results do i need a new distributor cap?? and when the car is on there is a ticking noise towards the fire wall underneath the intake manifold. idk what it would be any ideas??

01lsturbo

aight guys well im guessing pistions are gone let me know what you think...

okay well i turned the car on and i was pulling one spark plug wire at a time and looks like the second spark plug wire doesn't make a difference if it was in or not but when i pulled the first, third, and forth one the car seems like its gunna die.. what does this mean?? is it the piston or what could it be??

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
how about a compression check!!

if not that replace...wires, CAP, rotor and plugs.