boost issues?

boostedteggy90

hey guys im new to this forum but im having issues and i need your help.i have a 99 integra b18b motor stock internals running around 8psi

in first gear, my car runs and boosts perfect

but any other gear when it boosts, my car hesitates and jerks and it gets alot worse when my engine gets hot. When i first start my car up, it will do it but not as bad

i have new plugs,wires,fuel filter,checked for vacuum leaks,new coil and map sensor

do i need colder plugs? im running the stock vpower ones or could it be a boost leak?'

i heard it might need to be re-tuned but i dont think that could be the problem and my compression seems to be fine because i dont burn any oil.

please help, thanks!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
It definitely sounds like there's something going on with your tune. What are you tuned on? Maybe boost creep as well?

Full specs of your setup and some pics if possible please.

boostedteggy90

its got a emusa t3/t4 turbo,turbonetics evolution wastegate,blitz bov,and the owner before me said it was tuned with crome.when i got it, it ran about 8psi

and i cant put pics up because i dropped my digital camera in a puddle yesterday

i was messing with my distributor today and advanced the timing a little bit because it seemed retarded since my car has been backfiring alot and my poor fuel milage, it seemed to help but it didnt fix the problem...i dont know if this would have anything to do with it or not

thanks

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Dont change the timing too much without knowing what will happen soo easy to blow a head gasket by doing that!

i would say get it retuned what size injectors your running?

boostedteggy90

ok i noticed today when it starts hesitating, it will boost all the time when i press the gas pedal meaning i could barely hit my gas pedal at 2k rpms and it will boost and also the bov will open as soon as it starts to boost.

sorry i explained that the best i could..let me know if u dont understand

would this be a bad bov or wastegate?

Last edited:

4drs=morewhores

Master-D-B-ate
its got a emusa t3/t4 turbo,turbonetics evolution wastegate,blitz bov,and the owner before me said it was tuned with crome.when i got it, it ran about 8psi
well what psi is it boosting now? if its not 8 any more then theres a problem. If it did change then something could be wrong with your wastegate. You definitely dont want boost creep on your stock internals. if your BOV is going off right when u boost then maybe it might be faulty.

boostedteggy90

well it seems like it could be the bov or wastegate but the car runs and boosts perfect when the engine is cool and i havent driven it for awhile, but when the engine gets hot, thats where all the problems start

and also my rpms dont move up and down when this happens

ithejoker

Did the previous owner change the Distrubitor cap with a cheap one? My Teg' had this happening also. The car would run fine cold, but as soon as it got warm, it went to hell. I took off the distributor cap and the spring was corroded, as well as every other metal piece in there. After I replaced (and cleaned) all of the pieces, i put on the cap and it fired fine. The spark just was not reaching where it needed to go.

Get a tune. Never trust the previous owner saying, "yeah, it's tuned" if the car isn't driving right.
Also, have you adjusted the boost level? Are you running off the wastegate spring or an MBC?

Oh, since you don't seem to know what you're doing, DON"T FUCK WITH THE TIMING(or anything else for that matter). Turbo'd motors are tempermental even when you are experienced with them.

Last edited:

eg6ie

first, don't mess with the dizzy timing.

your bov shouldn't be goin off that soon.

get it retuned.

boostedteggy90

no i havent adjusted to boost level, im afraid i will mess something up if i do

but im running off the wastegate spring

and everytime i mess with the timing, it seems to fix ot for about 30min to a hour