Boost tuning using V-AFC

GSROWNSU

Would it be possible to tune my 98 gsr for boost using an adjustable fpr (they can range from 1:1 all the way to 13:1 psi) and a VAFC? I talked to a guy who has a boosted ls and that's what he did and he's running 20psi and the engine runs great. Obviously i would also have a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors as well. A VAFC can control the fuel maps right? Would this work?

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
could, but that also is for cam/vtec adjustment as well. adjusting stock vtec points will lose you mid range power.

the other problem, is it is not an engine managment, it is just fuel. you need some way to fool the map sensor (missing Link) and retard timing as boost engages (msd btm). i would save up and go hondata.

you can use it, but it must be tuned using a wideband o2 and an experienced person

GSROWNSU

damn....i kinda figured that would be the answer... i forgot about the ignition timing as well. Looks like i gotta save up for hondata. It just sucks because for hondata to work i need an obd1 ecu w/ the conversion harness. That's gonna cost me over 500 bucks to get w/ the hondata.