boosting my gsr?

Mint95gsr

Hey Ci going to be boosting my 95 gsr in the spring. I guess i'm basically looking for what turbo is going to spool in lower rpms to help out lack of go but i would also like it to not run out of "breathe" before 8200 rpms. I plan on only running 8lbs to start esp since its my daily driver. Also interested in knowing optimal trim sizes. For the build i already have a brand new OEM head gasket to go in along with the rest of the seals for entire motor. Also have ARP head studs. I will be purchasing hondata s300 for tuning. I was thinking of using talon tsi injectors with resistors on them. As well as walboro 255 fuel pump. I am also considering boring a tad and lowering the compression. If i get the bore and lower compression pistons i am also going to get the rods peened to add strength. So i guess in short i'm looking for the best size turbo for a stock engine build and if it changes best size turbo for minor engine work mentioned above.

96LSteg

Jemel
Don't be cheap if you are gonna buy aftermarket pistons get after market rods. The OEM rods will hold 8lbs all day but if you plan on making more power and optimizing your setup you might as well buy those too...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Agreed on the rods. If you are going to spend all this money on building up the motor then upgrade the rods to a forged H beam. It would really help if you stated some more specific goals. Fast spool and not running out of breath at high rpm are polar opposites, I hope you understand that. The trick is to find a happy medium of course. Judging by your choice of injectors you arent planning to make alot of power so look at smaller turbos, possibly 16G, Super 60, smallest trim & A/R T3/T4.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
your first mistake is going by PSI. your second mistake is switching out the stock pistons but keeping the stock rods.

the best turbo for you is the turbo that meets your goals which imo, should be what type of driving your car will be doing 90% of the time.

id take the time to read up on turbocharging articles, it will save you headaches and money.